'Stop thinking about it and it'll happen' - Gggggrrrrrr

Impatient TTC

Reaction score
If I could somehow switch my brain off then maybe that would be a useful comment, but seriously when you're ttc that is WAY easier said than done. Had that comment yesterday and I just wanted to scream.

Ah, and breathe!

It is annoying!! the other version of that i hate is along the lines of take a break from trying & it'll happen... by taking a break from trying me and DH won't DTD so often, so unless its an immaculate conception i'm not sure how the hell thats supposed to help!!

like you said take a deep breath and move on!

I know it may be annoying but I'm sure the person's intentions are to be supportive.:hugs:

I agree as well. They meant well by saying so. I also have no idea how to turn it off. I try to keep as busy as possible, but it doesn't seem to help!

that comment usually comes from the ones who have never tried for a baby or the ones who got their BFP in 2-3 cycles.
noone seems to understand how hard it is when it's been 14 months.

that comment usually comes from the ones who have never tried for a baby or the ones who got their BFP in 2-3 cycles.

Agree with you 100% on that one.
I hear a lot that I am 'stressing' about it! And if I relaxed it would happen. Really? Because you don't start off ttc stressed. You always think it will happen right away and then it doesn't.

Honestly, I don't care if they mean well, it still is absolutely ridiculous to say. And I've figured out who likely to say that BS and I avoid mentioning ttc at all.

I tried to conceive for almost three years before finally I just said, you know, it'll happen when its meant to happen. I started focusing more on other things, and a couple of months later, I was pregnant. I tested the day after my missed period. Now, this might just be a coincidence, but at the same time it does help with your emotions, not being so upset every month, etc. Good luck ladies!

impatient, I agree with your thread post because I am a lesbian depending on donor sperm and a syringe so if I stop trying or stop thinking about it., mine will NEVER "just happen". lol..Good luck ladies.

impatient, I agree with your thread post because I am a lesbian depending on donor sperm and a syringe so if I stop trying or stop thinking about it., mine will NEVER "just happen". lol..Good luck ladies.

I agree. You definitely can't stop thinking about that. Good luck sweetie! :thumbup:

I tried to conceive for almost three years before finally I just said, you know, it'll happen when its meant to happen. I started focusing more on other things, and a couple of months later, I was pregnant. I tested the day after my missed period. Now, this might just be a coincidence, but at the same time it does help with your emotions, not being so upset every month, etc. Good luck ladies!

i'm with you mommydreamer. the same thing happened to me twice.(unfortunately as soon as i realised i was pg i was so stressed and worried i lost one to m/c and one to ectopic, not saying that was the reason it happened but thats how it is in my head, lol) .
i am trying to be as positive as i can this time ttc. after ttc for 5 years, i no that that upset, worry and disappointment every month got me no where.
my chin is up :hugs:
;)
:dust::dust::dust:

mommydreamer thanks! And congrats by the way! Spare sum dust for me?? :flower:

I totaly agree with you we where ttc our 2nd for nearly a year & a half after a while I got fed up with the disapointment & upset every month so destracted myself with other things & as soon as I'd relaxed & stopped trying so hard I got pg so I'm afraid in my opinion there is some truth in the saying but I can totaly understand where your coming from & I also relise that you can't just stop thinking about it as even when we weren't trying so hard it was at the back of my mind xx

This, this, and thrice this!

I realise everyone interprets their own situation according to their own circumstances, but it's exactly this: personal interpretation. Something that cannot be passed as actual advice, even more so when people tell it with a pseudo-scientific certainty (mommydreamer this by no means refers to you; it's a general rant :haha:).

And to be honest? None of my close friends or relatives ever said that to me. Sure, they did say 'try not to stress', but there was always a very significant 'I know it can be difficult' accompanying it. And that made all the difference in the world. The people that usually say to be 'you're trying too much' are usually the ones that think their opinion is more important than its effect.

I've been trying for eleven months. The first seven months I was absolutely fine. This was an adventure. Did not temp, did not use OPKs, did not take EPO, nothing, nada. I was very, very relaxed indeed. When I reached the 8th cycle mark, I cried my eyes out for two days. I'm better now but I'm also undergoing fertility tests.

Okay, sorry for the rant. But the 'don't stress and it will happen' is my red flag. I've stopped talking to people because of that (I mean about ttc. And I've actually been avoiding them since). It's hurtful, and to be honest, it's very offensive.

It's as if they're accusing us for being responsible for what we're going through.

No. Sorry. Think before you talk.

:growlmad:

LaRockera, I totally agree. Its the people that haven't had a problem that keep telling me to relax and not stress. I have heard of some people saying screw it and going out and buying jet skiis and convertables and then it happened. I don't know, maybe I should go out and buy a Harley. I have to say that the first 4 or 5 months I wasn't stressed. What is getting me stressed is I'm not getting any younger and I don't have the luxury to relax and watch time pass. I also had a friend who got BFP on her last IUI before they were supposed to move onto IVF. Now don't tell me she wasn't stressed. That is a lot of pressure to put on yourself.

LaRockera, I totally agree. Its the people that haven't had a problem that keep telling me to relax and not stress. I have heard of some people saying screw it and going out and buying jet skiis and convertables and then it happened. I don't know, maybe I should go out and buy a Harley. I have to say that the first 4 or 5 months I wasn't stressed. What is getting me stressed is I'm not getting any younger and I don't have the luxury to relax and watch time pass. I also had a friend who got BFP on her last IUI before they were supposed to move onto IVF. Now don't tell me she wasn't stressed. That is a lot of pressure to put on yourself.

Yep, I say that same thing for the same reason! I got pregnant with my first on our 4th and final attemp at IUI, immediately prior to IVF. That was horribly stressful and I still got a bfp! You cannot relax while undergoing fertility treatments.

When people say they stopped worrying about it and then got pregnant, what happened different physically in their bodies that wasn't happening before? Surely if they were ovulating and they were timing intercourse appropriately it would have happened whether they were stressed or not, right?

I'm really confused!

I did used to hate it when people said that to me. Easier said than done, right?

The cycle I conceived, I was still stressing over TTC. I still used my CBFM, took a cocktail of vits, dtd at the right times, took chinese herbs...you name it! I was also going through a stressful time at work so based on the 'relax and it'll happen' theory, I'd counted myself out completely. Sometimes when it's your turn, it's your turn- stressed or relaxed!

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->