Stopped taking BC. How long did it take you to conceive?

MrsV0418

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
New here!
Wasn’t too sure where to post.
I stopped taking my BC on the 20th of December. Had a withdrawal bleed. (Guessing anyway as it was like a short period) then had brown spotting on the 28th/28th, had a ‘period’ on the 29th which lasted until the 31st of December. Then had pink spotting (TMI only when I wiped) on the 4th of Jan and nothing since then.
Anyone had any silimar experiences with coming off BC and TTC? And how long did it take you? me and hubby are TTC #2

I went off of BC and I didn’t get pregnant until about 6-7 years later.

Lol. Obviously not the norm, so don’t listen to me, I had other problems :-=

In all seriousness, I’ve heard it does take a few months to get back on track. Of course, everyone is different, but I’d definitely start charting now and keeping track to see the changes happening. You could literally get pregnant the first month off or it could take at least a few months. I’ve heard both happen, so try not to worry if it doesn’t happen immediately :)

With DD we conceived the second month. I came off bc last jan and still trying. I was on cerazette both times.

DD took 14 months to conceive after coming off BC but I do have pcos,

This will be my 6th month TTC#2

They do say it can take up to 6 - 12 months for BC to leave your body but I do have a friend who got pregnant a week after coming off BC so you never know

Good luck :)

I stopped my pill, had a little bleed then was pregnant straight away the next month.

I think that’s why I’m so overdue now because my dates are probably wrong!

With my 1st I stopped the pill, had my withdrawal bleed per usual a few days later then ovulated and got pregnant right away before ever having a "proper" period. With this one I stopped the pill and we used back up protection for a month, then got pregnant on the 2nd month of trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->