Stopped using Ovulation Sticks

Artemis

TTC #1
Reaction score
I've decided after 8 months of using the ovulation sticks I am going back to BD three times a week and see where that gets us. It worked all those moons ago when I was very young and naive, its got to work again after 21 months ttc...
I am simply concentrating too much on that positive LH surge and not thinking about my OH's feelings for the rest of the month and its beginning to show!
Even the fertility Dr told me not to use them but I still did because I thought it was the best chance each month.
Anyone else given up on them?

Hi Artemis
Yeah! Me too! I only did them for two months using the ebay cheapies, but found that not drinking fluid and holding my pee for four hours was nigh on impossible for me!!!:nope:

I only ever got test line very slightly lighter than control line for 3 days in a row at cd9, 10 and 11 but was defo ovulating as my cd21 test showed???

Poor DH was getting sore then being rejected! LOL!!:blush:

Totally going with the flow this month to try and relax a bit.

Yup, me too. The only good thing that has come from them as far as I'm concerned is that a) I now know I ovulate most months and b) I ovulate slightly later in the month, around day 18.

I too have been using them for around 8/9 months and yet I still have not fallen pregnant......we are due to start IVF in the next month or so (and I am already down-regulated following an op in November) so I don't see the point of continuing with the fertility monitor....to the extent I'm thinking of putting it on Ebay soon :shrug:

Hev x

We are eligible for IVF next June. Its a toughy - we're dealing with only 2% normal sperm so its learning to use it wisely!

Hi Artemis and all

I personally find the sticks do not work for me to the extent I convinced myself I wasn't ovulating at all; but that can't have been true as I got pregnant (and on a day when I got a totally blank test line on an OPK); it ended in a mmc but I know people for whom the same happened they just followed their hunch and now have a healthy little one. I've also been advised that some people consistently have high or lower than normal levels of LH; and in many cases its not a problem; or some women experience the spike, hence the positive result for maybe a few hours then if you aren't testing hourly (and lets face it not many people would be) you'll miss it.

Soph x

Don't know how I ended up here, but just wanted to say that I was ttc for 8 months and used the sticks for 6 of those months (on a friend's advice). Terrible mistake! I realised we were putting all of our attention into bd once we got the smiley face on the clearblue digital sticks... then on month 8 I worked out enough was enough and packed them in. We bdd every 2 days for 2/3 weeks and low and behold it WORKED!!!

I can't recommend ditching ovulation kits enough and to just use your common sense. Every 2 days bdd will have nice fresh spermies and you're bound to hit your most fertile time within a month or two.

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->