Stopping breastfeeding

sproutly2003

Reaction score
I've been combi feeding as my baby was loosing too much weight. I've been cutting down his breast milk to just 1st thing and bed time. I'm looking to stop altogether so as I've already cut down can I just stop? Since I cut down my breasts are mega lumpy. Is that normal? Will the lumps go once my milk dries up? How long should that take?

You poor thing, that's the worst part of breastfeeding to me, having to quit. It'll take 4 or 5 days, maybe upwards of a week or longer, and it is really painful. Put cabbage leaves in your bra, that'll help them dry out faster. Good luck! Hopefully other ladies have better advice for you.

How old is your lo?

I'm only on day 8 this time around.

With my toddler, he was prem so I never got up to a full supply. So was combo feeding from the start. I cut down like you have and I felt like my breasts were less full so cut down again. In the end I only fed him once a day and I think I did just make the decision to stop.

So my suggestion would be to keep the two feeds up until you feel like that's the only milk your producing. Then cut it down to one, do the same. Then cut that one out. I don't know if it will work but I think the only other option is to do what the pp said and stand the pain for a few days :-(.

I think it's completely normal that they are lumpy. I feel like that when I want lo to have a feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->