Stopping Seasonale to TTC

odouglass

Reaction score
Hello!!

I hope that someone can help me! :) We were planning to start TTC in May/June 2014 time frame due to my Spinal Fusion surgery that I had in May of 2013. However, I saw my neurosurgeon yesterday and he said that, at 6 months out, I am 100% fused. He stated that I am cleared from all restrictions and can have kids whenever Garrett and I are ready. :happydance:

So, I've been on Seasonale for a few years now and did stop once before my spinal fusion surgery. I stopped in April, 2013 and got my period 2 days after my surgery (convenient, NOT:growlmad:) which was May 1st, 2013. We are planning to TTC as soon as possible but I'm nervous- simply because I have 3 weeks left in my Seasonale pack before the inactive pills start. So, do I stop now or finish the pack?

Ah, so much to consider, and I hope someone is able to shed light on this! We are excited, and I hope that we are successful.

Thanks! :)
Olivia

Well all I have to go off of is my own experience stopping bcp. I would probably finish off the pack you are on and then stop from there so it's a clean cut. Stopping bcp screws up your cycle anyway and I feel like stopping in the middle of a pack might just make it even more confusing! Good luck!!!

That's what I thought would be best, when I stopped for surgery I stopped at the end of a pack and didn't have any of that annoying bleeding AND had a normal period like a month later.

I am just anxious.... lol. My DH wants to start trying in December (he's thinking that we will get pregnant right away) but you never know when it will happen, it could be December it could be June, who knows right?!

Olivia

Haha that's right! I stopped in June and it took a bit for my cycles to regulate. We're hoping this is our month!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->