storing expressed milk - this is in the wrong bit, doh

Carolyn

Reaction score
a lactation consultant has advised my dr to prescribe me some indigestion tablets that increase your lactation.

i'm going to have to store the milk, apparently there will be ALOT.

i only have two bottles...:rofl:

what shall i buy to store the milk in?

(i'm going shopping NOW, mum is going to take me, OH has taken my car cos his has died:dohh:)

i think you can buy special pouches Lansinoh makes some but i would imagine Mothercare probably do to....

i used tommie tippie bottles with lids. my doctor refused to prescribe me this:( so i dried up! good luck!

Yeah, they make little pouches. They also have trays you can easily store the pouches in to keep them organized by date, etc. which seems pretty handy.

Yes, get the pouches. I really like the Lansinoh ones. They are factory sealed, and have a ziplock on them. Plus you can write the date on them, without worrying about punching a hole in the bag. And you can lay it down flat to freeze, and it makes it way easier to store!

lansinohstoragebags.jpg

i got some zipped plastic pouches from boots, £7.99 for 40!!

i've also got the breast milk inducing tables that sound like the name of some champagne!!

does anyone know how fast these tablets could take to work? (i haven't got the eecttric pump yet..)

You can buy a natural supplement to help with milk produce.. I used it with my last son. I think its normally in curries and stuff but Holland and Barretts sell is in capsules.
might not work for everyone but its worth a go.. worked for me :)

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=225

i've also got the breast milk inducing tables that sound like the name of some champagne!!

Domperidone! No idea how long it takes to work, sorry...but that made me laugh! My friend was prescribed it when he was in hospital (to prevent nausea, not to induce lactation!) and that's exactly what I thought! x

A slightly more useful post :rofl:...I found this:

After starting domperidone, it may take three or four days before you notice any effect, though sometimes mothers notice an effect within 24 hours. It appears to take two to three weeks to get a maximum effect, but some mothers have noted effects only after 4 or more weeks. It is reasonable to give domperidone a trial of at least four, and better, six weeks before saying it doesn’t work.

(From https://www.breastfeedingmums.com/dr_jack_newman_domperidone.htm)

I was told to take this with my last baby.. I can't remember if it worked or not, as I gave up straight after. You can buy it over the counter if you can't get a prescription... It Motilium10. :hug:
As for storing, you can store it in ice cube trays, and then transfer them to freezer bags when forzen. Means you can ust take out a block at a time to save wasting large amounts :D

I use tuppaware containers lined with small plastic freezer bags, lol.

A slightly more useful post :rofl:...I found this:

After starting domperidone, it may take three or four days before you notice any effect, though sometimes mothers notice an effect within 24 hours. It appears to take two to three weeks to get a maximum effect, but some mothers have noted effects only after 4 or more weeks. It is reasonable to give domperidone a trial of at least four, and better, six weeks before saying it doesn’t work.

(From https://www.breastfeedingmums.com/dr_jack_newman_domperidone.htm)
i'm producing WAY more milk after the second dose of tablets!!! baby's much happier. not been able to get any pumped off with my tommee tippee hand pump. but i'm driving to chesterfield tomorrow to pick up the electric pump from the surestart centre (that means we have to be out of the house at 7m :()

Yes, get the pouches. I really like the Lansinoh ones. They are factory sealed, and have a ziplock on them. Plus you can write the date on them, without worrying about punching a hole in the bag. And you can lay it down flat to freeze, and it makes it way easier to store!

lansinohstoragebags.jpg

This is all I use. I have dedicated a a spot in the freezer door for all my breast milk and I have it in date order (oldest to the newest). These bags are double zipper sealed and I love that you can write the date and how many ounzes are in the bag. Just make sure you know how many ounces are in there before you freeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->