strange animal behavior... possible labor coming?

mommyhopeful1

Reaction score
Before I found out that I was pregnant, my cat was acting really strangely, always sitting near me and misbehaving much more frequently. Two days after that started, I took a test and it was my BFP! Now, the last day and a half, the same cat (I have two, but I've had her much longer) has been misbehaving a TON and following me around much more. She's usually DH's girl and follows him everywhere, but she wants to be in every room I am in the last two days. And this morning, even though the cradle has been set up and in the house for 2 months and she hadn't touched it, she was sleeping in the cradle in my room while I took a shower in my en suite. I would have been skeptical before, but since she seemed to be right about the pregnancy... does she know something I don't? Thoughts?

Very possible. Dogs and cats are both able to 'predict' death so why can't they predict when a baby is coming?

Very possible, my cat just recently had kittens and she usually stays with them when people go to touch them, When I go to handle them she just gets up and leaves and doesn't bother supervising when I'm around. Plus her kittens whine much less when I pick them up compared to other people. My guess they smell the pheramones and colostrum and it smells like mamma so they aren't as scared. Cats and dogs are highly susceptible to changes in their owner. :) But also keep in mine cats are strange and for no reason can just take a liking to you and then randomly dislike you for no reason.

A sign that labor is approaching.. certainly.
A sign that labor is imminent.. probably not.
My cat has insisted on sitting in my lap 24/7 for a few weeks now. There's no persuading her otherwise.

I agree with the above poster. My dogs have been acting more clingy in the last week or two. I think they know it's soon, but not RIGHT around the corner

Our collie is a odd character for this, he'll say hello to anyone apart from if it just me walking him when goes all shy. Prob doesn't sound like much but he'll sit and cuddle up on the sofa all day, (granted smelling my crotch). I went into prem labour which they managed to stop but he literally sat in his crate and waited for me :/. OH took him to my mums, where he wouldn't eat and was very noisy till I got him back this morning and he's crashed out in the front room :). I don't think it's a it's gonna be very soon ie today but I think they can tell x

Thanks everyone! I hope it's not too much farther away... I am 39 weeks and 5 days, so if I have to wait a couple more weeks I may lose my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->