• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strange objects in Earth's Best Formula

hs8738

Reaction score
Hello, I am dad with a 3 month old daughter. Ever since my wife stopped breast feeding after 1month, we've been feeding our baby Earth's Best Organic Infant Formula with Iron.

We always mix the formula with NURSERY purified water. (Room Temp)

We also wash our bottle's with Babyganics Foaming Dish and Bottle soap and air dry them. When they are dried, we put them in a uv sterilizer/dryer for 30min to make sure the bottle is 100% clean.

Now for a numerous times now, I've found black/brown tiny object (size of a dot made with a 5mm marker) made with a inside the formula while feeding our baby. It can't be seen while I am making the formula, but the the black/brown object floats to the top while feeding the baby and is clearly visible.

I've confronted the Earth's Best customer service and sent back the formula and the black/brown object(fished out of the bottle) two weeks ago. I have yet heard from them, but since then I have been finding these black/brown objects 1-2 time for every formula can.

When I called back the customer service for the results and made a complaint about the frequent black/brown objects found in the formula,
the customer representative replied that "those black/brown objects are small formula particles that were scorched or burnt in the production process and they are 100% safe". The representative also said that "this was a common issue with other customers".

After hearing this, my mind came to some ease and I did not mind even these things appeared in the bottle. Whenever I found those things in the bottle, I just fed the baby to the point where she would not eat the object. However, to be 100% sure, I just had to check with other moms whether my baby is safe with the Earth's Best Formula.

So I ask, fellow parents. Is this case normal in baby formulas, or is this just an Earth's Best Formula issue?

Is it safe to feed the baby even there is a scorched/burnt objects floating inside the bottle?

I've seen this in lots of formulas, yes. It is man-made, so it will contain weird defects sometimes that aren't harmful. I make goat milk formula myself now, and I still get the odd flecks (from his liquid vitamin).

I'm in the UK and I've never seen anything like that I'm afraid. I wouldn't be so concerned if I did like you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->