Strange ovulation result & bleeding

LucyP

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm new so don't know ANY of the proper terms but I've had a bit of an odd experience & just wondered if anyone else had, had a similar experience.

So I'm using one of the clearblue fertility monitors & this month was the 2nd month of using it properly & on days 28 & 29 it said I was ovulating, so husband & I had sex on those days & then on day 39 (I think) I got up & there was a bit of blood, which I was disappointed about but then there was no more whereas usually when my period starts it really starts. I had some PMS type symptoms, really sore boobs, felt constipated, tired but no tummy or back pain which usually I really suffer with. I told my friend about it who is pregnant & she said it could be implantation bleeding which I did some reading about & it seemed to fit. The following day again there was a tiny amount of blood, day after nothing so I did a pregnancy test which was negative but according to what I'd read on internet if it was implantation bleeding then it would be too soon for a positive result. Day after tiny bit more blood & then the day after that LOADS.

I didn't really think any more of this & just assumed I was having a really weird period & had set the re-set the monitor from the 1st day I'd found blood. So that makes today day 9 & I am still bleeding a little bit, (which is weird in itself as usually I'm 3-4 days) & the fertility monitor told me to do a test, which I did & it then told me I was ovulating!! which can't be right, surely?! Not only do I have a longer than average cycle I'm still bleeding!

Did a bit of research & somewhere said that after a miscarriage ovulation kits can show a false result of ovulation & I had also read that the most common time to miscarry is after implantation but most don't realise that because they just assume it's a period. Then pregnant friend confirmed that she'd heard all this when she was struggling to conceive.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, I'm not stressed about it & I know I'll just drive myself mad if I keep reading stuff on the internet but on my quest to find more info came across this site & just thought I'd do a post to see if anyone else had experienced the same or had any answers.

x

Hi everyone

I'm new so don't know ANY of the proper terms but I've had a bit of an odd experience & just wondered if anyone else had, had a similar experience.

So I'm using one of the clearblue fertility monitors & this month was the 2nd month of using it properly & on days 28 & 29 it said I was ovulating, so husband & I had sex on those days & then on day 39 (I think) I got up & there was a bit of blood, which I was disappointed about but then there was no more whereas usually when my period starts it really starts. I had some PMS type symptoms, really sore boobs, felt constipated, tired but no tummy or back pain which usually I really suffer with. I told my friend about it who is pregnant & she said it could be implantation bleeding which I did some reading about & it seemed to fit. The following day again there was a tiny amount of blood, day after nothing so I did a pregnancy test which was negative but according to what I'd read on internet if it was implantation bleeding then it would be too soon for a positive result. Day after tiny bit more blood & then the day after that LOADS.

I didn't really think any more of this & just assumed I was having a really weird period & had set the re-set the monitor from the 1st day I'd found blood. So that makes today day 9 & I am still bleeding a little bit, (which is weird in itself as usually I'm 3-4 days) & the fertility monitor told me to do a test, which I did & it then told me I was ovulating!! which can't be right, surely?! Not only do I have a longer than average cycle I'm still bleeding!

Did a bit of research & somewhere said that after a miscarriage ovulation kits can show a false result of ovulation & I had also read that the most common time to miscarry is after implantation but most don't realise that because they just assume it's a period. Then pregnant friend confirmed that she'd heard all this when she was struggling to conceive.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, I'm not stressed about it & I know I'll just drive myself mad if I keep reading stuff on the internet but on my quest to find more info came across this site & just thought I'd do a post to see if anyone else had experienced the same or had any answers.

x

It does sort of sound like an early miscarriage. :hugs: I would contact my doctor if I were you.

Did you take a pregnancy test?

Thanks for your responses!

Soili, in response to your question, I took one during the (assumed) implantation bleeding which was negative but I'd read that was too early to get a positive (that was on the Weds) & so I had planned to do another on the Sat but then in the middle of Fri I started bleeding loads & so just forgot about it.

It was only when the ovulation kit asked me to do a test stick this morning & then told me I was ovulating that I really started to think something weird was going on.

Think I'll wait for a bit to see what happens in the next couple of months before going to GP Cajunbabe, the NHS aren't too keen on doing anything until 12 months of issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->