Strange Rash - Pictures

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Okay, so for the past few years I've had this strange rash. It comes up when I'm in the bath/shower, I cut SLS out of all my bath products and it helped a little.

I went to the Drs and got prescribed hydrocortisone. It helped for a while, but now it's worse than ever; I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant and it's made my skin more sensitive...or what! Has anyone seen this before and can you recommend anything?

Oral antihistamines won't work quick enough, by the time they start properly working the rash has mostly gone (well the itching has stopped anyway) so it's not really worth it. I obviously can't smother myself in hydrocortisone now and since I took a shower a couple of nights ago it doesn't seem to have gone down..I'm wondering if maybe I've become sensitive to our washing detergent....we're going to try changing it anyway to see if it helps, but in the meantime any other suggestions? Any opinions? Anyone seen it before?!

Thanks.

Attachments

• Rash.jpg
    Rash.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 61
it looks like eczema to me. my 3 year old has severe eczema and the bits on her body look like yours.

the only thing that really clears it up are the steroid creams tbh.

have you tried dead sea products? they are supposed to be really good for problem skin. we tried them on daisy but tbh her skin is very bad and needed something much stronger.

it looks like eczema to me. my 3 year old has severe eczema and the bits on her body look like yours.

the only thing that really clears it up are the steroid creams tbh.

have you tried dead sea products? they are supposed to be really good for problem skin. we tried them on daisy but tbh her skin is very bad and needed something much stronger.

That is a very good suggestion. I had eczema when I was small, but I only got it on my arms...

I was considering trying something like that - are those products safe to use during pregnancy?

It's just strange it comes up after I get in the bath/shower and then gradually fades - but it's been coming up and staying the past 24 hours at least and it's really itchy... Maybe it is eczema...

I guess any sort of treatment would be similar whatever it is, it's just finding something I can do while I'm preg!!!

Thank you

xxx

Hm, have you ate anything unusual or started using new cream, laundry detergent, etc?

I had a rash, it was all over my body though, red and blotchy like that, and it was an allergic reaction to body lotion with almond extract or almond oil or something like that!

Hm, have you ate anything unusual or started using new cream, laundry detergent, etc?

I had a rash, it was all over my body though, red and blotchy like that, and it was an allergic reaction to body lotion with almond extract or almond oil or something like that!

Nope, I started getting it a couple of years ago.

It could well have been aggravated by the oil I started using on my tummy though, but I haven't put it on for a good while (haven't put ANYTHING on for a while) just incase it was that. It doesn't seem to have gone down, if anything it's got worse! :dohh:

Is it possible that the pregnancy has made my (already sensitive) skin, more sensitive?

xxx

Pregnancy can make your skin more sensitive. I'm allergic to some washing powders and they give me a rash like that. Definitely looks like an allergy of some description, or possibly eczema xx

Oooh, I get this on my face when I get out of the shower. I just thought it was the heat, but it's not. It only happens when I use certain types of shampoo, so I stopped. But if I use the same shampoo for a while, it happens again.
My skin feels really tight and wierd, itchy too! :wacko:

I used to get that rash too :hugs: My friend gave me aloe vera gel to use on and it worked a treat:D really recommend it x

Looks like eczema to me! Ive had it since i was a baby, i've found the best thing to do with it is dont use fabric softener.Dont use scented shower gels, use elave shower wash its great! also becareful of shampoos, i can only use tresemme and if i use anything else i break out in a rash just like that all around my neck.Stay away from bath bombs aswell lol they hurt!!

I'd try cutting out most scented products as well. There's lots of detergents that are "free" or sensitive. And try using just plain bar soap like dove, instead of scented body washes, etc.

I used to get really itchy throughout my pregnancy too. No rashes, but itchy. The baby sucks the moisture right outta ya!

Rae you sure it's not just a heat rash? I get this on my legs when I come out of the bath or shower but it goes away quickly.

Thanks all for the replies!!!

I might try some Aloe Vera as a starting point and see where that takes me. I already use a regular bar soap - Crabtree & Evelyn...and Bert's Bees Shampoo, which is SLS free.

See, I thought for a while it could be a heat rash, but it comes up even in cool water...even when I have no products in the bath. It comes up in our outside swimming pool, but not as badly... It's really weird. It also doesn't disappear quickly, it's more like hives than heat rash bumps... The itchiness subsides (most of the time) after a little while - though I have been putting hydrocortisone on, or since I've been preg some Witch Hazel gel stuff which helps, but the redness stays for AGES, it's horrible.

I spoke to my mum who said maybe eczema because I had it when I was small, but I'm not sure. I'll do some more research, but in the meantime I will try the aloe vera recommendation and see if that helps.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. :)

xxx

Okay, here's a weird thing... I got in the bath last night, very cool....the rash starts coming up after a few minutes (I'm not sure exactly, I was in for a long while...)... So quite a while passes (I was in the bath for over an hour I'm sure...we were playing with our clever kitteh :)) and I add a bit of hot so it's warmer than when I got in... Lay and soak and keep topping up like this, it ends up pretty warm (not hot, but comfortably warm)... Alex points out that my rash is basically vanishing.

WTF? So I barely had anything when I got out of the bath yesterday!! :shrug: How weird is that? Never happened before. It just came up after a few minutes of contact with the water and then went away after a long while in the warmer water, wth?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->