Strange smell vagina

broodymrs

Mummy to my boys
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm even posting but here goes. I'm just over 5 weeks pregnant. I woke up sweating last night and felt very wet down there. Went to loo and all seemed fine so went back to sleep. Noticed this morning there's a strange smell, a very mild fishy smell but also kind of lemony (think scampi with lemon!!). I'm on hol otherwise I'd call the dr but wondering whether this is normal, not normal but can wait til home on mon or actually if I need to see someone now. Sorry for the tmi, so embarrassing 🙄 There's no itching and not unusual levels of discharge. Discharge is clear. Tia

If there is an odd smell it's best to get it checked. Certain infections can harm baby. Bacterial vaginosis can give that strange fishy smell. You can buy self testing kits for BV from most pharmacies. Hope you manage to sort it soon!

Thanks Hun. I'm going to try to get a self testing kit. I'm so anxious about everything. I don't want to be at the Drs constantly like I was with my first but I can't remember what's normal or not!

Got a kit and it was negative, phew! Just another weird preggo thing!!

Glad you are OK Mrsbroody. I know what you mean my wee smells different and strange now. Mind you when you said scampi I just felt hungry :blush: - the joys of being pregnant!!!!!

I've found I always smell different down there when pregnant. Not bad necessarily just different. The joys of pregnancy hehe

Also keep in mind your sense of smell is ESP heightened when preg....

I have a strong smell, since 5 weeks. I can smell the pregnancy hormone like mad- it's so sweet and sickly it makes me want to vomit :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->