Strep B @ 22 weeks

paradise

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has some advice...I had Strep B in my first trimester and was given penicillin. This week I went to the ER (as I had a nasty flu bug) and as they HAD to do a full blood/urine work they found Strep B in urine. The ER doctor has prescribed penicillin....I will only take it once I speak to my OB on Monday...however I wonder what others have done if Strep B was found in the 2nd trimester. (BTW - I know they check for it @ around 36 weeks....)

Don't worry hun, I'm a strep b carrier and it was found when ttc. I'm 29 weeks and it was positive in November. I'm not being treated for it though as they usually set you up with a drip to reduce the bacterium while in labour. (The midwife said there's no point treating it now).

The drip makes the birth canal clearer and protects the baby in delivery which is why they go it that way.

From what my midwife says it's not a major issue but if you have tested positive in your pregnancy you will be given antibiotics while in labour.
The only time to worry is when it's not treated in labour and the baby can get sick.

I hope that's of some use x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"