Strep throat :'(

Dreamer320

Mommy & Preggers <3
Reaction score
I'm miserable! My two year old daughter and my pregnant self both have strep throat!!! The doctor put me on antibiotics because she said it's more harmful to the baby if I DONT take medicine due to the infection and fever that I have. I hate taking any medicine while pregnant, especially this early. On top of the infection I am having the usual all day sickness from pregnancy!! :cry: pleaseeeee go awayyyyyyyyy

Any home remedies that you know of would greatly be appreciated!! I am drinking tea + honey

I'm so sorry :(

DD is just started her antibiotics for strep on Friday. I was worried about getting it as she kept sticking her hands in my mouth after they were in hers.

I know you have to be absolutely miserable :( (I know I am just from pregnancy and having sinus issues). I don't know if there is much you can really do other than to just try and rest as much as possible and keep hydrated. This early on, I don't think is much else you can do (other than what you're already doing) :(

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I was just reading about strep throat because my little guy has it (or at least some sort of throat infection). Lots of places recommended gargling with salt water throughout the day to help relieve the pain and inflammation.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks , I am going to try doing the salt water this morning . :flower:

Poor you and poor DD :hugs: I don't know if I had a very bad case but Strep throat has to be one of the most horrible illnesses I have encountered, I couldn't sleep for an entire night I was in so much pain (2nd only to wisdom tooth infection). I remember when I had it I was on amoxicillin, which is considered safe during pregnancy, so if you're on the same, don't worry on that front hun. From memory the antibiotics kicked in quite quickly so I really hope you both feel better soon :flower:
With DD I would alternate between calprofen and calpol to check her pain is kept to a minimum xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->