stress busters please. x

S

sumatwsimit

alright girls, im still sane :wacko: this is not a cry for help rather ideas on what you guys do to take your mind off ttc and keep anxiety/ stress down. from this weekend onwards, im going to feel a bit lost :nope: and i really want to try to lower my stress levels. hubby has bought me a book on meditation in attempt to help but not given it a whirl yet. he's also buying me new paints etc...so i can get into my arty farty head again. as for me, i dont know what to do with myself :cry: i live away from home with my hubby ( no family all in UK) and as of tomorrow im losing my one and only buddy who keeps me well busy.

putting the ttc to one side ( which we all know is stressful enough) im really feeling crap right now. to cut a long story short, after a really tough decision to make im having to rehome my gorgeous dog tomorrow. ive worked so hard with him for a yr and a half - training and dog behaviourists etc but some things innate im finding i cant change and he needs something else. this is not an attempt to get away from a problem ( as some may view it as) but more to give him a chance with a different environment, dog buddy and a new handler. dog lovers please dont judge me, i never thought i would ever have to make a decision like this with him but feared the day would come and now it's here, and no im not handling it too well.

ive very up for trying out alternative treatments ie acupuncture etc anyone taken any similar approaches to fighting stress and promoting overall wellbeing. if you have please let me know. this next cycle i really want to feel on top form for ttc.

Hello - I would definitely try the meditation to lower stress levels and also with you painting etc that will bring you another stress reliever, so you are well on the way to being calmer about TTC. I feel for you with the dog situation, myself and OH made a wrong decision last year and had to take back a dog intent on destroying the house, I hope he is happier now with his new family, a horrible decision to make, but we were not best placed to look after that particular dog. We have another now, and although its not been an easy ride its MUCH better than the previous dog and we can see improvements in his behaviour, we have had for 5 months.
Your dog situation would have added more stress too, so now you are free of that you can really relax. Good luck TTC.

think im going to try this. anyone else up for acupuncture? heard really good things about it.

https://www.natural-health-for-fertility.com/fertility-acupuncture.html

our posts keep crossing over :flower:

you are right actually. his situation has actually added to my stress, the responsibility, worry and now heartache. in time i know it will be the right decision to make all round.

i agree with waiting a few more months. really fancy trying it out if need be. for now, ill save my pennies, hopefully will need it to put for something else.

alright girls, im still sane :wacko: this is not a cry for help rather ideas on what you guys do to take your mind off ttc and keep anxiety/ stress down. from this weekend onwards, im going to feel a bit lost :nope: and i really want to try to lower my stress levels. hubby has bought me a book on meditation in attempt to help but not given it a whirl yet. he's also buying me new paints etc...so i can get into my arty farty head again. as for me, i dont know what to do with myself :cry: i live away from home with my hubby ( no family all in UK) and as of tomorrow im losing my one and only buddy who keeps me well busy.

putting the ttc to one side ( which we all know is stressful enough) im really feeling crap right now. to cut a long story short, after a really tough decision to make im having to rehome my gorgeous dog tomorrow. ive worked so hard with him for a yr and a half - training and dog behaviourists etc but some things innate im finding i cant change and he needs something else. this is not an attempt to get away from a problem ( as some may view it as) but more to give him a chance with a different environment, dog buddy and a new handler. dog lovers please dont judge me, i never thought i would ever have to make a decision like this with him but feared the day would come and now it's here, and no im not handling it too well.

ive very up for trying out alternative treatments ie acupuncture etc anyone taken any similar approaches to fighting stress and promoting overall wellbeing. if you have please let me know. this next cycle i really want to feel on top form for ttc.

For me i love to work out, takes a lot of stress off, and i love computer games, especially the ones that you have to find things in, like hidden secret type games. I am so sorry about your dog, i am a dog lover, but i understand you have to do what is best for the dog, if both of you are frustrated its not a happy home. I am sending you huge hugs for having to deal with that, i can only imagine how hard that would be.:hugs:

Hi - as I have struggled off and on for many years with depression and anxiety, busting stress is what I feel would make the biggest difference in helping me conceive. I've had some acupuncture treatments and found they helped - thanks for the reminder I need to book some more, as the TCM offered me a great deal on mini treatments since I'm soon to be unemployed. Easier to come up with ideas than to implement them some of them, but here's a few:

- yoga, tai chi, deep breathing, meditation, eating well, avoiding caffeine, regular cardio exercise (for me I find cycling works wonders for busting stress), more B vitamins, relaxing baths, chamomile tea, hobbies such as knitting, creative outlets, lots of sex/orgasms, relaxing in a peaceful natural environment (in a forest, by a lake or ocean, somewhere quiet and away from the everyday), joining up for a new class or social activity where you can meet new friends, counselling (if you have issues you need to talk through with someone objective)

Can you visit your dog at his new home - would that help ease the transition? Trust that you've made the right decision.

I have mentioned it lots of times here so sorry for repeating myself but I like hypnosis, I buy the downloads online at www.hypnosisdownloads.com and the one for fertility is great. My brother says the best way to deal with stress is just accept it, say I´m stressed so what? I sort of get what he means if you don´t the stress itself becomes stressful.
I asked on the first tri forum once how many women got their bfp when they were stressed and lots said yes, so maybe it is´t as bad as we think.
So sorry to hear about the dog, that is really tough, I hope he will be happy in his new home and then you won´t feel bad. I have a really mean cat who just won´t change and bites all the time, but he isn´t dangerous, I can´t imagine what I would do with him if he were any bigger! hugs

Here's what I do:

-daily exercise (whether it's 15 minutes yoga or a 1 hour run)
-herbal teas (during TWW) or wine (any other time) at night with a good book
-supper dates with DH
-knitting
-coffee dates with friends
-planning and researching trips/holidays
-computer and video games

:hugs: Hope you find something that works for you!

Sorry to hear your having a rough time and as a dog owner I can't imagine the heart ache you must be feeling parting with your dog but it is so brave of you to do that and allow him to go somewhere you feel is better suited for him :hugs:

I had to learn some stress busters to cope with depression. I find similar things to the other ladies:
daily exercise whether that's taking a walk; using a piece of exercise equipment; or following a dvd
crafts - for me is patchwork; crochet; cross stitch/embroidery and I'm learning knitting
A reduction in caffeine
Sending DH out once a week so I can settle on the sofa and watch a chick flick
One night a week having a date with DH were TTC is not allowed to be discussed
Planning holidays and home improvements even if they won't happen it is nice to dream
And recently I have changed to an almost sugar free diet which is helping me feel less stressed

I hope you find something that works for you :hugs:

Having acupuncture sessions would truly help. It somehow enhances your chances of getting pregnant mainly through evading stress in your system. You may also have modification with your lifestyle as a simple means of evading stress. These would include, having enough and healthy sleep, regular exercise, and take time to go for a break. Don’t push hard with your office works and everything because it definitely lengthens the stress level that your body has. Stay healthy and have fun! :happydance::thumbup:

I vote for yoga and meditation. Stop the mind chatter it's wonderful

thanks girls, you've certainly given me food for thought. Next week, Im out with my camera exploring and taking pics, a bit of drawing, a bit of yoga, will try meditation and arrange a few friend meets. x :thumbup:

For me i love to work out, takes a lot of stress off, and i love computer games, especially the ones that you have to find things in, like hidden secret type games. I am so sorry about your dog, i am a dog lover, but i understand you have to do what is best for the dog, if both of you are frustrated its not a happy home. I am sending you huge hugs for having to deal with that, i can only imagine how hard that would be.:hugs:

thanks. a lot of people may not understand how big a thing it is to do something like this. yesterday i felt terrible, seriously i felt such a loss ( like death) when he went. went on to do some intense cleaning and then hubby took me out for the day. i know ive done what's best for him but it still is very raw. he's gone to a couple who have a villa, land and already have a dog ( they wanted a second one). they are friends of my dog trainer/carer so i trust they are good people and good with dogs too. they know all about him, and are not phased ( for them he fits their requirements) and over the next few days they are slowly getting to know him and having a kind of induction program for this move. my dog trainer is staying with him during this time. he is a gorgeous dog, very good on command and instruction but has some unpredictable fear related aggression in certain situations with people. he's great with me but i know i just couldn't trust him when i have children.

im proud of myself for handling this all so right. ive not abandoned him and im making sure he has the best chance. :cry: lots of land for that high energy and a dog buddy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->