Stress

ettegirb21

Cautiously optimistic
Reaction score
I stress out a lot...over work, family drama, finances, etc.

I'm scared this played a part in my previous m/c's & effect my future pregnancies. I try to relax, but my Type A personality says otherwise....

Any thoughts?

I have a similar problem and often wonder the same thing. From what I've been told though, you would have to be under a massive amount of stress over a prolonged period of time (to the point that it causes chemical/physiological changes) for it to cause or be a factor in m/c.

unfortunatly i agree with you.i was extremely stressed last wednesday (my hubby was overseas on a long snow boarding holiday and stressing me out big time and my 2yr old was driving me insane)and i ended up with an hours worth of strong period pains and cramps that settled down and luckily ihad a scan due that friday cos they caught that my cervix has started to shorten and membranes are funneling..i know stress caused this cos of how worked up i was and if i didnt have the scan i would have already lost this baby and its not still too late to lose him..i have really had to relax and deal with things differently cos now i know how severly stress can affect the pregnancy..i hope you find a way to deal with your stress and have a successful pregnancy next time..all the best hun.xo

Thank you, ladies. Mikaylasmummy, I am so glad that everything is okay. I hope everything goes well and you have a beautiful/healthy baby shortly. :)

I started seeing a therapist, who thinks I should find an outlet. I used to dance, so I am thinking of taking that up again. I definitely need to find a way to de-stress!

I read somewhere that stress can't cause a miscarriage, but I can't remember where I read that at. I'll have to go looking..

I had adrenal fatigue from stress. It developes over a long period and is very debilitating. I did not know it at the time. If you are worried about stress and its effects - geting your adrenals tested is a good idea. This is something that developes over years not a bad a day - week or month.
:hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->