Stressful evenings

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Does anyone else have really stressful evenings? Starting around 5pm until she falls asleep (between 8 & 9) is a nightmare. She's so overtired and screaming...& she's hungry but she screams so much cause she's overtired that she can't calm down to feed. So after taking 15-20 minutes of hushing and trying to calm her she'll take it but start screaming again if she loses the nipple or if I try to wipe her chin.

Once she's asleep, she's fine. Is this due to teething or is it normal around 3 months for this to change? Its a new development.

She could be especially cranky because of teething...
I don't know but I did notice a change with Lola at around 4 months, she schreeches and bursts from energy - and yes, particularly in the evening.And she isn't even teething :dohh: I dread it!

Alfie is exactly the same at the minute, around 3 months is the time for a growth spurt so think thats what it is, i'm hopin it'll be over soon. He just keeps latching and pulling off then crying all the time but feeds fine durin the day (alyho more often over the last few days).

Three months was such a nightmare! I remember thinking it was supposed to get better not worse! :wacko: After a couple of weeks it seemed to settle down

Weve been having similiar evenings... I think it is teething.

Tom's usually ok even with teething, he has the occasional off day, like tonight for instance.. he's been on and off since 7pm.. finally going sleep now :)

Olivia is 14 months and is cranky from tea time until she gets to bed at 7pm

x

Have you tried bringing her bedtime forward? Hannah's a real crank after 5 so we have lots of distractions until she goes to bed at 6:30! We do her food which is nice and messy and takes up some time. Than a bath (she spends 30 minutes playing in there), than reading or playing and by 6:30 she's ready for her last bottle and bed!

kieran is really stressed in the evenings from 5 and now he isnt going to bed till 11ish or later. Its like he knows when his daddy is at work the woks himself lol. Hugs to u though hope it gets better for you soon hun x

I have brought her bedtime ahead..she was going to bed 11:30 and now she usually goes at 8. I start trying around 6 but she won't give in until 8 or so :(

Have you tried bringing her bedtime forward? Hannah's a real crank after 5 so we have lots of distractions until she goes to bed at 6:30! We do her food which is nice and messy and takes up some time. Than a bath (she spends 30 minutes playing in there), than reading or playing and by 6:30 she's ready for her last bottle and bed!

This is what I do too, and Helena is in bed between 5:30 - 6:30 every night.

OMG, Oiver has been like this the last few weeks. It's a complete nightmare. Last night, he screamed non stop for a solid hour. And it was proper all out screaming, not just crying. We've tried bringing his bedtime forward, but whatever we do, he still end up going down at 9. I gave him Calpol and teething powder last night and that seemed to settle him. But I'm not sure if it was that, or 1 hours screaming that wore him out :dohh:
I'm seriously starting to dread the evenings. I just don't know what to do with him.:cry:

I have the same thing with Amelie 8pm til 11pm when she falls asleep eventually, although it can last until 1am :( she's too little for teething so I'm putting it down to colic. 'itll disapear at 12 weeks' HA looks lke you swap colic for teething :(

OMG, Oiver has been like this the last few weeks. It's a complete nightmare. Last night, he screamed non stop for a solid hour. And it was proper all out screaming, not just crying. We've tried bringing his bedtime forward, but whatever we do, he still end up going down at 9. I gave him Calpol and teething powder last night and that seemed to settle him. But I'm not sure if it was that, or 1 hours screaming that wore him out :dohh:
I'm seriously starting to dread the evenings. I just don't know what to do with him.:cry:

Yeah she just screams too. She goes blood red in the face and screams so much I'm scared she'll forget to breathe :dohh: Last night was okay, she only did it from 5-7:45 or so. Woke up at 4:30am for a feed though.

Maybe its a growth spurt?

I have brought her bedtime ahead..she was going to bed 11:30 and now she usually goes at 8. I start trying around 6 but she won't give in until 8 or so :(

:( Hopefully it's just a growth spurt/phase and passes quickly

Yeah she just screams too. She goes blood red in the face and screams so much I'm scared she'll forget to breathe :dohh: Last night was okay, she only did it from 5-7:45 or so. Woke up at 4:30am for a feed though.

Maybe its a growth spurt?

Maybe, as he was sleeping through the night, but has started waking for a night feed again at around 4-5. Last night he was up at 3 though :shock:

So, how was last night for you? We started Olivers routine at 6.30 instead of 7. Then we had a few minutes of playtime between that and his last feed. He cried for about 2 minutes, then slept through the night from 8.15pm to 6.45 am. Not sure if thats a coincidence or not!!

We have nightmare evenings! From about 6, from her feed till she finally goes to sleep, usually 3/4 of an hour before she has to have her last feed!!!! Sometimes she goes no problem and I wonder what I've done different, which is usually nothing and just down to Gabbi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->