Stressing about nursery not been done

Vickster1

Reaction score
Anyone else feeling like they haven't sorted everything yet?My Dad's fitting out the nursery wardrobes today and we're planning on decorating this weekend. I just can't wait to get her room done now. Totally panicking over this!

Don't worry, I have just under 5 weeks and we haven't even moved yet! We are due to move on the 28th of this month when I'll have just under 3 weeks to go, so try not to stress. 8 weeks is a lot of time to get things done, and when it is all done you'll be sat waiting (and possibly bored if you've finished work) as you've run out of things to do before she is born!:flower:

Thank you. I think i'm just in the stressy nesting mode. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow so hopefully we'll have enough time to get things sorted. Good luck with your move xx

-
Don't worry, I have just under 5 weeks and we haven't even moved yet! We are due to move on the 28th of this month when I'll have just under 3 weeks to go, so try not to stress. 8 weeks is a lot of time to get things done, and when it is all done you'll be sat waiting (and possibly bored if you've finished work) as you've run out of things to do before she is born!:flower:

Don't worry! I'm a week behind you and although we have painted we are having the carpets cleaned next week so I can't do anything more til after then. Although I want everything sorted she won't actually be sleeping in there for a while so I'm not panicking too much!

Don't worry, we don't even have a nursery, just a spare room / office that is full of junk! Baby will be sleeping in with us for at least the first six months so we won't be doing anything about a nursery until the Autumn.

You will be fine, i wish i was in your position. We only moved to our house in december and been doing major building work in the kitchen. I have no kitchen at the moment!!! It should be all done beginning mid march, i will be 4-5 weeks due. Thats not all. We r having new window fitted at nursery on 18.2. Plasterer is coming 24.2 and he said he will take about two weeks as can do only evenings and we need some down to bricks work in there. So the painting will start second week in march then new carpet. I have everything i bought in our storage space in bed, dont 3ven remember what we have. No point taking it out and washing yet with all the work being done. I believe all will be on time but i would not mind a bit of me time before delivery so will stop working as soon as building done and enjoy a bit of dust free cold free and new kitchen house. And slowly prepare things. As soon as baby has a place to sleep and her clothes is nice and clean I am happy.

I'm completely losing it. I'm 37 weeks and we don't have a nursery. I've started just ordering the big baby stuff (crib, furniture, etc) anyway, in hope of annoying DH into action as it clutters up our entire life ;) The baby will be in a bassinet in our room, but I need the room set up enough to get his clothes and diapers organized, and I'd like for him to nap in the crib if possible so he won't be as far away in the daytime, and so he'll be used to it.

The biggest problem is that our nursery used to be the dining room, and we have a big free standing bar in there, and it's just too big and heavy for me to move right now. We have the top 2/3 of the room painted, above the chair rail, but we have to paint below, and we can't do that until the bar is moved. And we can't build the crib and move the dresser in until the room is painted. And the door to that room is up in the attic, and I can't get it down myself, and I can't put all the soft bedding and stuff out until the door is back up, to keep the cats out. And I can't wash all his clothes and diapers until the dresser and changing table are in place. I told DH that the longer he waits to move the bar and paint, the less able to do things like laundry I'm going to be, so he's just making more work for himself. If it doesn't get painted this Sunday, I swear I'm going to call my brother to help me or something. DH won't like it, but at this point, I don't really care what he likes, as long as it gets done.

Up until a few days ago, all I had done was paint the nursery and decorate the walls. The crib was already in there from my son using it as a toddler bed. Then two days ago we had a labor scare and thought we were having our daughter early ( I gave birth to my other two kiddies during my 36th week, so I'm expecting another early delivery) and NOTHING WAS READY! All I had ready was her car seat installed in my car and her take home outfit picked out.

So this last two days we have all been in DEEP CLEAN MODE and finally finished up her nursery and finished our sons big boy room since his sister needs his original room (closer to mommy and daddy's room), and finalized our hospital bags.

I still have a few more things to cover, but for the most part we are ready.

So don't worry, you're 33 weeks and more ahead than I was at that stage lol.

I already feel like this and I'm 6 weeks behind you! :dohh:

It's all very exciting though

Don't panic, At least you have a plan! I find I get super stressed about jobs if I don't know when I'm going to get them done but just knowing what is being done when calms me down. I loved decorating the nursery though so relax and enjoy it

Don't stress ... Don't think your newborn will notice if the room isn't finished :haha: I have been ridiculously laid back this time around ... No pram, car seat, bath, bassinet , crib nothing yet ! We gave all our baby things away after no 3 :dohh: I do have stretchy carrier wraps though because that's my business :haha:

We finally did the nursery this weekend! Just a few bits to put up on the walls and the top wardrobe doors to still go on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->