Stretch Marks

cskme_

Reaction score
I am currently 13w 6d, and I have not been good at ALL with using any lotions/creams or even keeping myself hydrated for that matter.
I got lots of stretch marks when I was a kid, I was on the depo shot and gained a ton of weight in my very early teen years.
So I still have stretch marks! and I know I am prone to getting them.
Anyways, I did lose some weight before becoming pregnant, in college I was around 210, and lost weight slowly over the years. I was 168 Pre-Preg and currently sitting at 176 ish.
I am just now starting to use bio oil every night and palmers cocoa butter lotion in the mornings.
Does anyone have experience with this type of gain/loss and did you get many stretch marks?
It worries me a bit because my mom has TONS from when she was pregnant with me, I'm her only child and her belly/sides have been scarred up really badly since she had me, and very loose skin for 23 years that she was never able to get rid of.
Anyways, I would like to hear your stories :)

I'm sorry to say whether you will get lots stretch marks is genetic. There's not much you can do to stop them x

My mum has none, I have tons. Yes, it is genetic, but can come from either side...

I'm just hoping that since I was bigger before perhaps my skin has more stretching room than someone who has always been the same size.

I think both genetic and environmental factors contribute to how many stretch marks you get, both of which are unfortunately completely out of our control. For example I didn't get any with my first, who luckily was a laid back baby, even though I gained 57 lbs. with her. My second was the complete opposite. He kicked the crap out of my belly button area and that's where the majority of my stretch marks were. I only gained 52 lbs. with him so weight wasn't the only issue. This time I've been using vitamin E oil on my belly every other day. It is an all natural cure that my doctor swears works better than lotion and a little bit goes a long way. It comes in a small bottle but I only use a couple finger tips of liquid at a time. They aren't taking away the old ones from my DS but I haven't had any new marks yet and this baby is about as active as he was.

Like you, my stretch marks were from when I was younger and much bigger. It was a long time ago so they're just silvery marks now and to be honest, they don't bother me. I never had any stretch marks with my little girl, and none so far with this one. I use bio oil, but more because my skin is SO dry, not for the prevention of stretch marks.

I would love to believe that putting cocoa butter and oils on your skin during pregnancy will help prevent stretch marks but I think if you are prone to getting them, there isn't much you can do. I rub palmers cocoa butter on every other night just in case there is some truth to it. I have stretch marks from when I was a chubby kid going through puberty...I have them on my hips and my breasts. So far I haven't noticed any on my belly but you never know. I think if you gain your pregnancy weight gradually you have a good shot at avoiding them.

Like you, my stretch marks were from when I was younger and much bigger. It was a long time ago so they're just silvery marks now and to be honest, they don't bother me. I never had any stretch marks with my little girl, and none so far with this one. I use bio oil, but more because my skin is SO dry, not for the prevention of stretch marks.

Yes!! Thank you! I was hoping there was someone like me out there lol. I have silvery stretch marks on my thighs, love handles, a few on my stomach and tons on my breasts. They don't bother me either. But I have seen my moms stomach and I'm frightened that I will get them like hers, her entire torso is silver lines everywhere and very loose. I'm not trying to talk badly about my mother, shes getting a tummy tuck this year because she is very uncomfortable with the loose skin.
My mother gave birth to me when she was 15 though and she was very small at that age, so that could possibly be a reason why they were so bad.

I don't know why I get so excited over this but WOO another Albertan! :p

I was 120lbs pre pregnancy weight. Pretty tiny. I don't have stretch marks yet and I've rounded out quite a bit. When my stomach gets itchy I use coconut oil but thats about it.. and I'm crazy dehydrated. My mother never got stretch marks from her pregnancy but when she was overweight she got lots of them.

I'm also riddled with stretch marks all over my thighs, butt and hips. It's just natural I guess. Was never over weight.

My weight has always fluctuated but I never ever had a stretch mark until last pregnancy. I used lotions religiously but it didn't help. I had high fluid levels so I gained over 50 lbs, but lost 30 before I even left the hospital. That did it for me. I went back to pre preggo weight before getting pregnant against but the stretch marks stayed. Dreading to see what I look like after tbis one :(

I don't know why I get so excited over this but WOO another Albertan! :p

I was 120lbs pre pregnancy weight. Pretty tiny. I don't have stretch marks yet and I've rounded out quite a bit. When my stomach gets itchy I use coconut oil but thats about it.. and I'm crazy dehydrated. My mother never got stretch marks from her pregnancy but when she was overweight she got lots of them.

I'm also riddled with stretch marks all over my thighs, butt and hips. It's just natural I guess. Was never over weight.

Woohoo! I'm hoping you weren't affected by the fires recently! What area do you live in? Alberta is a beautiful place to be :)

My existing stretch marks really don't bother me in any way, I tend to forget I have them, and DH has never said a word or looked at them differently. I'm just praying that I don't get a completely clawed up look at the end of this journey lol

Just moved to the Edmonton area.. Luckily not! We had some family friends staying here for a bit. They were one of the many that were evacuated. Hope you and your family/friends weren't affected by it either!

Just moved to the Edmonton area.. Luckily not! We had some family friends staying here for a bit. They were one of the many that were evacuated. Hope you and your family/friends weren't affected by it either!

That's where I am too! but I moved here about a year and a half ago from Ontario. I don't have any family or friends here just me and DH lol. Sorry to hear about your family. Such a tragedy but it also shows how great Canada is, everyone was so quick to open their hearts to those in need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->