Stretch marks

Lazy Leo

Reaction score
One of my friends was saying recently that she didn't start using stretch mark cream /oil till after the 12 week mark (superstition) but she thinks that she left it too late. Surely I don't have to worry about stretch marks at 6 weeks -Applepip is apparently only the size of a grain of rice at the moment and my stomach can certainly hold a lot more than one grain of rice lol!!

i thought id leave it for a while too and before i knew it they were all over my boobs! it's never too early to start putting it on, might aswell get into the routine now. stretch marks can't be completly prevented if you're prone to them, but if i could go back and change one thing, i would have started putting it on from day one! well ive learnt my lesson and im moisturising my stomach every 5 minutes lol

I thought she was just being a drama queen :oops: Time to go get some moisturiser then!!

i wish i'd done it all the way thru but i think like ella said some people are prone to them because i had them on boobs before pregnency!! It can't hurt to start early x x

snap i have been using bio oil since about week 8. I have zero stretchies on my tummy mostly on my sides and bum (forgot to to that bit) :blush:

I would advise to slap the cream on everywhere never too early to start!

I´ve been using it since I found I was pg. Put it on my bum, thighs, sides, belly and boobs. I haven´t stuck to one kind, just keep trying different ones.

I used on my boobs from day one and still got a few. On my stomach I started using it daily at about 10-11 weeks. No marks there. Only on my thighs and hips. But unfortunately if they're in your genes the cahnces are you're going to get some anyway :(

I personally don't think moisturizing will prevent them but I think it helps a little. I didn't start moisturizing until I was well over 20 weeks - didn't think I needed it! Boy was I wrong. MOISTURIZE ASAP! The earlier the better, it will improve elasticity but it might not really if you leave it too long.

I recently found out that whether you get strech marks or not depends on you skin type.
My doc said for example if your mum got them badly - you will or vice versa

I have been using bio oil and a coco butter moistureiser since day one i found out i was pregnant but i still have little marks on my sides so far..

I think its just nice to use them, make your skin all smooth and smell nice :) and you can tell yourself they ARE working for you! ;)

i am prone to stretch marks and have been putting on coco butter for a couple weeks now but honestly i don't think it will prevent the inevitable (atleast for me) although it may help a little and not make it as bad is it *could* be. You never know...but trying wont hurt!

My mum got covered in stretchies so I'm not holding out any pretence that I won't get them. Plus I got a load on my hips when I went through puberty although they're barely visible now.

I've been using Bio Oil every day since about 6 weeks. I love it, it smells gorgeous and leaves my skin so smooth. So whether it works or not, I'm enjoying using it, lol!

I used it from the day I found out with my first and I am covered in the buggers....

x

My mum never hasn't got any, even after 2 pregnancy's and ahe is now in her late 50's!! I on the other hand have quite a few from my previous pregnancy and expect to look like a road map of england after this one!!

Last time i used bio oil and santuary mother to be cream, but neither worked for me!

I used different moisturizers all the way through pg with DS, in fact, I use them permanently anyway as I suffer from eczema - didn't make a blind bit of difference - I have stretch marks all over my tummy - they started fading a bit, but since I got pg again they seem to have become more prominent. I think it just depends on the person whether they get them or not.

LOL i was wondering the same thing, but i dont have to worry about it at only 4 weeks.... haha

I got stretch marks on my hips when I was a teenager and have been using cocoa butter on my tum since I began to show. I used it on my boobs while they were growing too. Dunno if I'll get stretch marks or not but don't care too much. It's not like I'd ever show my stomach to anyone other than DH anyway! lol

Ive been using cocoa butter ever since I found out,everyday,religiously.And Im still covered in them.Didnt get any until about twenty five weeks but theyre everywhere now.It just depends on your skin hon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->