Strip washing with Fairy Powder

ickle pand

Mum of 1
Reaction score
I need to give our nappies a strip wash so I had a look at the dosage chart on the box of Fairy powder and it says 160ml for heavy soiled in soft water. That's 11 tablespoons! Can that be right? I'm not sure the machine drawer will hold that much powder. Help!

I don't think I ever used the dose for heavy soil, just the dose for normal soil in the type of water I had. Always worked fine :) Does that help fit it all in?!

That's 95ml so still more than 6 tablespoons. Still seems like a lot of powder but I usually use gel on our clothes so I'm not sure about it.

I think the gels are a lot more concentrated than powder. I used Persil powder once, I had a sample I think, and it was quite shocking how much you're supposed to use!

Oh, just remembered. I checked with Eco Sprout if I could mix their powder with water to make a liquid as my machine leaves a lot of powder in the dispenser and they said it was fine, so maybe you could try that? I assume the liquid you made would start draining into the machine straight away but shouldn't be a problem as long as it all goes in!

I ended up using 3 tablespoons so we'll see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->