stripped membranes

mommyhopeful1

Reaction score
I had my membranes stripped yesterday afternoon at my doctor appointment, and I was wondering if anyone else had this done before? If so, how long did it take for labor to start afterwards? I had some contractions spaced five minutes apart all night (and going into this morning) and they're getting stronger but not enough yet for me to have to call the hospital... I was just wondering if labor may be on the way?

Its the same as a sweep. It depends it doesn't always work tho. Hopefully you keep contracting tho!

I had this done my last pregnancy and I think it worked but it was days later. I plan on having mine done at 39 weeks. I think baby and your body have to be ready for it to work. Hope it's the start for you though and that it was a succesful sweep.

I had one with DD at 38+4, went about a day later. But I was already 3cm and 60% effaced.

I had mine at 4pm Thursday my baby was here 9am Friday morning x

Hi, nothing from experience for me, but just read your post and wondering how you're doing! Are your contractions progressing? ( sorry just nosey and hope it turns into labor for you!)

I had that twice with my 2nd but it didn't work didn't even get a contraction so maybe it's a good sign ur contracting might just be a slow build up xx

When I started contracting, I refused to rest as I thought being more active would keep them going. Probably crazy, but it seems like it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->