Stripping hair?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Whats the best way to go about it? I would like to go to a much lighter brown then i currently am.

My current colour.
1382873_10151660281360773_362906559_n.jpg

I'm a natural ginger who dyed my hair black. I stripped it to a medium brown so it was nearer my own color, got the chop and am growing the rest out :)

without using a bleach product im not sure what you could do to be honest, there are some videos on youtube of girls using blonde hair dye and it working on natural dark brown hair.

I would definitely consult with a professional! I know dark hair can go really weird colors when it's stripped.

Depends when you last coloured your hair Hun. I would recommend a colour b4 remover(not stripper-remover contains no peroxide) but the issue with that is it won't do anything to your roots- so you might end up with some dodgy two sections of brown once a lighter brown dye goes on. Strippers contain peroxide and are effectively bleach, not something I'd play around with if you have no experience.

It's pot luck if it turns out alright, but in this case id say see a salon. Best to get the worst part done by someone else. You know me, I'd try anything, but when I had my hair stripped I did give in to a salon to get that lil bit of help.

Lightening can change your hair to weird tones so it's important to get the right brown to counteract that. It's not as easy as "ash over red" as most like to advise!

If it was me I'd use colour b4 then just put on a dark blonde light brown colour.
I often go from red/pink to platinum all different colours and just take the colour out with a colour remover when I want to change it x

I had dyed dark brown hair that I wanted blonde, I spoke to my mobile hairdresser who said best results would be from gradually changing it so she coloured it to a lighter shade of brown with a few highlights then every couple of months when she cut it she,d dye it a bit lighter and add more highlights until it was a lovely natural looking blonde, when I have tried at home I've always ended up with awful orangey two tone hair so I would speak to a hairdresser :) xxx

either colour before or nice and easy do a pre lightener which is really good then you could just put a lighter brown on top.

Or i just googled and found this - https://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Nutrisse-Blonde-Pre-Lightener_924260/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->