Stroller talk..

jinxii

Reaction score
I know it's early for most of us but I'm finally feeling a bit better and have one thing on my mind.. SHOPPING!!! haha. I just bought a really great pack n play since we have a two story house I wanted a quick nap/diaper change station downstairs. Nursery is upstairs. And now I am on to stroller hunting. I'm 4'9" so finding one I can use comfortably will be a chore. I also need it to fold fairly small and be lightweight so I can handle it easier. So for those of you who already have kids, what did you like? And for those who don't... what are you considering? My short list consists of the City Mini GT and maybe bumbleride Indie 4 but it doesn't look as easy to fold. My husband really wants the 4moms Origami, but I overruled him. It's bloody expensive and the only reason he wants it is because of the push button fold. Men.. *sigh*

I love my UppaBaby Cruz. It is their slightly smaller model but still has a giant basket, which is very important since I live in a city and don't own a car.

It is light and easy to fold, but the handlebar may be a little high for you. I'd definitely recommend going to a store and testing them out. A good friend has the Britax B-agile, which she selected because she has to carry it up stairs to get in her house, so I know it's light and compact. I've also seen some moms around with a stroller called an Urbini that looks wonderfully compact.

We are undecided between bugaboo cameleon and stokke xplory. I'm in the uk and never heard if the prams you mention :haha:

I have an Uppa Baby Vista and a BOB jogging stroller which I love because it can go on the sand and we take walks on the beach almost everyday when the weather is nice

Uppa Baby was on my list but you're right, handlebar was much too high for me. What I like about the City Mini GT is the handlebar actually adjusts! I haven't seen that on many strollers. The B-Agile is on my maybe list.. have to go check it out in a store. I'll definitely check out the Urbini, it would probably be the jogging one though.. I don't like the four wheel style strollers, the three wheel seems easier to maneuver. I also go to a lot of parks and things and don't want the hard plastic wheels. My dog stroller has them and I hate it (one dog has arthritis, other has epilepsy so it's the only option to still take them out on long walks) I told husband we are going stroller testing today and he gave me the "are you crazy?" look. He thinks I'm jumping the gun.. but I figure it will take me quite a while to narrow it down! I also want to buy one early so the dogs can get used to walking next to it.

Geralyn-I wish we lived that close to the beach!! I absolutely love it. It's about an hour drive which isn't that far, but it seems we never get out there.

I'm pretty short also, about 4'11" on a good day. You will want something with an adjustable handlebar otherwise you'll probably end up with discomfort while pushing the stroller. My stroller is quite old, from 2008, but it has a handlebar that adjusts perfectly for me and so I keep using it.

Woops, I see you've already thought of this, my apologies! I didn't realise the City Mini GT adjusted.

I e had a couple diffrent strollers over the years. I just purchased a brand new one back in June. It's a valco baby stroller, Tri mode. It's a 3 wheels stroller, works well on all-terrain. I live in the mountains of Canada so I needed something that could handle the beach or mountains. I love it!!
I also had the Phil & teds double stroller which I loved but I bought it used, and I was disappointed because it was already on its last days when I got it.

Another one which I was seriously contemplating, which I've heard amazzzzing reviews on. Is the BOB revolution stroller! Too expensive for me, but oh soooo tempting!!!

We have the Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller - Equinox and I really love it. We're very active in sports and this stroller allows me to push easily over football and baseball fields with 1 hand while I'm carrying stuff with my other hand. It's also very easy to fold up. Great on the playground in wood chips and such, too.

We went and checked some out in person.. it turns out only one store in our entire town carries the City Mini GT and we weren't able to make it over there. I did see an urbini but husband didn't like it, I don't remember why.. The B-Agile was too tall, and most of the other strollers were just too heavy, were hard to fold, or didn't fold small enough that I thought they would easily fit in the trunk of my car. I must be picky..lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->