Strong Braxton Hicks every 5 minutes!

lolita1990

Reaction score
So I've been having strong Braxton Hicks every 5 minutes lasting about 30 seconds!

They're pretty unpleasant and some are painful with pain coming from my back. Sometimes it feels like my hip bones are being squeezed together.

It's uncomfortable but I'm so excited that something might happen (wishful thinking). Baby is also going crazy and thrashing about in my tummy!

Pretty pointless thread but is every 5 minutes too close together?? They're definitely not the real deal so I'm not too concerned at this stage.

They could turn into the real deal, looks like you're overdue. With dd1 mine started as weaker contractions that I could talk through but got stronger when my water was broken

I'm hoping they do turn into the real deal :) that'd be magic!

I'm 8 days over :( how often were your weaker contractions coming with your daughter? x

Definitely sounds like the start of something! I had braxton hicks for weeks before I went into labor. Then one night they got a little worse and felt different. By the AM my water broke and I was in active labor. Good luck!

I was also a week over and when they started they were 30 minutes apart and got to 7 minutes apart after 12 hours. But I was schueled for induction so when I went in they broke my water and gave me pitocin so I don't know what would have happened if I just waited. Baby was born 8 hours after water broke

Sounds very promising! My dr told me to go to the ER when I had something like that but weren't hurting much and farther apart... so depends on the dr. But then he said I could wait, so I did and they stopped after I went to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->