Struggling at work...29 weeks TWINS

katiekatie

Reaction score
I'm a teacher and I am really struggling to cope with the demands of being in the classroom and having spoken to my head teacher, I have taken the decision to see the GP and plan to take sick leave until my maternity leave starts at 33 weeks.

Reasons for me not coping are...
exhaustion, struggling to deliver lessons and 'keep on top of the kids'
back pain/leg pain when standing
other practicalities e.g. bending, picking things up, being uncomfortable
coping emotionally with stressful classroom situations

I really didn't want to leave earlier than my mat leave start date but I know it's for the best now. I've never seen the doctor for a sick note before and feel bad because I don't actually feel 'ill' as such but I know I can't continue to do my job adequately enough. Did anyone else need to do this and if so, what did you say to the doctor?

Firstly, you don't have to justify to anyone why you want to rest. You are growing little people inside you and it's damn hard work. I started annual leave at 34 weeks and would have went earlier if my boss wasn't such a moo. Being a work uncomfortable, stressed, tired and worn out is not going to do you or LO's any good. I'm sure your GP will understand. I had to go to my doctor regarding my shifts at work and although it was scary, he really understood. I'm a nurse and was put on to six weeks of nightshift (with only one other nurse and three carers) to look after 50+ high dependency residents. Going to the doctor and getting a note meant my shifts were altered to suit me better.

Hope you get everything sorted. And don't be so hard on yourself! This is hard work !!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->