Struggling to feed newborn with a 12 month old in tow

M

Mrsb3

Hi everyone, I love feeding my little girl she is brilliant at it, no pain and no problems with latch etc... However I have a 12 month old little boy too and I'm struggling with routines- she is on the boob all evening 7-11pm well, she comes off for about 10 mins every now and then but straight back to it and I'm struggling with my "big" baby ad he has his bath, bottle bed time routine. I have to sit in his nursery up to an hour until he falls asleep and feeding the new baby is distracting him and he wants to be picked up too!! How is everyone one else coping and any advice?

Can your partner put your little boy to bed for a little while? The constant feeding won't last forever and you'll have more freedom so keep that in mind!

He can some nights but not all due to work. I know it will get easier in time but just looking at what I can do in the mean time so my little boy gets his sleep that he needs so badly- when he is ou of routine he sleeps poorly and looks shattered :-(

Have you tried feeding your LO in a sling like wrap? Could free your hands up to help with your other baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->