• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Struggling to grow!

vixxen

Mom of 4
Reaction score
Hi ladies is anyone elses baby on Infratrini and still struggling to put on weight? any tips? i don't want my daughter to go back on tube feeds:nope: .She really struggles to get more than 450mls in her,and at 11 weeks she is still under 8lb. She has her weight adjusted by the profesionals as she is a touch premature and was IUGR in the womb.

Hey there. My DD is also on infatrini, she's 32 weeks actual 20 adjusted and is still only 10lbs 9.5oz. Is she following her growth curve? DD was 0.4th centile at discharge but like yours she takes tiny volumes, usually 350-450ml a day, although we're starting to get rare days at nearly 500ml. My LO was dianosed with reflux and we add infant gaviscon to the bottles, and she has ranitidine and domperidone to help it stay down. Now she's started weaning she's finally started gaining again, she was loosing 2-5oz a week on bad weights and gaining 1-2oz on a good week. The solids have made a huge difference where nothing else did, and we're now adding double cream to each bottle too, as 10ml of cream will add 44cals, so nearly doubling the cals of a standard infatrini bottle. If you haven't already explore if she has reflux or silent reflux which is putting her off feeding, and consider asking for a speech and language (SALT) referral so they can check there is nothing mechanically wrong with her latch.

hey hun my lil guy was on infatrini, and it didnt help him put a lot of weight on... he has only now started to put on weight at almost 3 years old reaching 25lb. He wasnt a preemie though, but was small at 5lb 14. weaning helped a lot when he hit 4 months old. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->