struggling to lose weight after second LO... and no period.

leahtaba

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm starting to get a bit worried that my body hasn't gone back to normal since having my second LO. my first concern is that he's now 9 weeks old and I still haven't gotten my period... surely it should of came by now? should I be worried?

I'm also worried that my belly is still quite big, I still look about five months gone and it's getting me down, admittedly I wasn't the healthiest during my pregnancy and the weeks after but a month ago i thought right thats it! and started the gym were I done cardio and light weight training three times a week and also cut all the bad food out from my diet, I didn't lose much, maybe 3 lb in three and a half weeks? its knocked me and I have fell back off the wagon and started eating crap again :( feel stuck in a rut!

has anyone been the same after their second? is it normal or should I be concerned about anything? and what can I do to get the weight off and make my flabby belly go away? I feel disgusting!

thanks ladies x

Honestly, 3 lbs in 3 weeks is fabulous! If I managed to lose a lb a week I did a happy dance and bragged all over Facebook. :haha: Exercise is great for the body even if you don't see the scale move as much as you'd like. Health isn't always about weight! It sounds like you were making wonderful progress with your routine and found something that worked. I would suggestion moderation of the things you enjoy eating, versus cutting them out completely. It's easier to maintain that eating habit in the long run. You could also try to incorporate activities that get you moving with your kids, like walking or putting on a dance video and getting your older child moving with you (don't know their age, but my toddler will dance with me now if there's a catchy beat).

Give yourself time to bounce back, and set mini goals to help keep you focused. It's only been 9 weeks, and it does take time for the body to recover. No advice about the period, sorry!

Oh, and my stomach has been the last thing to slim down. I finally almost got it flat again a little over a year postpartum, after losing 35+ lbs and doing cardio/strength training consistently. But it did slim down a lot once I started working out and counting calories.

Congrats on your new little one. :flower:

Thanks kitteh kat I know your right and a lb a week is considered a good steady loss but usually I drop a lot of water weight the first week or 2 so I guess I just expected to see more. I need to get my motivation back I'm disappointed with myself for giving up!

You might not have had a lot of "excess" to shed. Either way, you know you can shed some lbs, so you've started in the right direction! Try finding something you enjoy doing, so it's less like a chore and more like a hobby. (kickboxing is my thing, which surprised the heck out of me) Take baby steps, or set up rewards along the way (getting nails done for losing 5 lbs, buying a new outfit for 10 lbs, etc). Or if you're into tech gadgets, there's several activity trackers now that will record your steps/exercise/calories/etc for the day and display it in a dashboard so you can see your progress.

There's always bumps along the way, especially once you become a mom (I can only imagine with two!). Good luck :flower:

I could have written this!
I'm 10 weeks PP, still haven't had a period and my belly is huge! (not helped by nightfeed munchies!)
I haven't been working out as my baby wont let me lol, but have tried cutting down on junk food.
I feel disgusting, but trying not to be too hard on myself as i only gave birth 2.5 months ago!

I am surprised that you are putting so much pressure on yourself. I am a fan of the 9 months on 9 months off philosophy. It took nine months to get to the weight you were and you should allow 9 months for it come back off again.

Remember that your body shape including your tummy is not just weight. Your internal organs moved about, your ribs and pelvis expanded and changed, your weight distribution altered to allow you to walk and stand up without toppling over when you were pregnant. your tummy changed to keep the baby warm and protected and allow the skin to stretch. Your body had its own schedule for doing that so why are you trying to boss it around now. It knows what it is doing, you just need to make sure your schedule compliment its processes. Fuel right and exercise - which you are doing. A lb a week is great. :flower:

I'm 6 almost 7 months pp. The weight is not coming off nearly as quickly as it did after my first. My tummy was really stretched with ds and altho I have slimmed down, I hate that there is more flab. I need to get back to fitness classes and shift the last 14 pounds so I can get back to my pre pregnancy weight.

I agree with the 9 months theory and try not to b too hard on myself. I am going back to work soon so I know my eating will improve once I'm back into a more regimented routine.

sounds like u r doing great. My period took 6 months to return altho I bf for first 4 months so that would have stalled things. Give it time xx

Please don't be so hard on yourself, pregnancy and new babies are hard enough without feeling guilty that you can't magically whip yourself back into shape. My theory is that weight is difficult to lose quickly after a baby as it's your body's way of stablising things after months of changes and very hard work to sustain and grow the baby.

It took me almost 1.5years to get my pp body back after my first and it's not been much easier this time around either! I had an emcs with my first so I'll never have a flat stomach, although I've resigned myself to that now, and I'm just determined to look the best that I can as a mum of two gorgeous LO's. Give yourself time and remember that every bit of weight lost is a bit closer to your goal. Next time you are in the shops, pick up a bag of sugar or 1lb box of chocolates and feel how heavy it is...1lb each week is really good going and losing a little bit, slowly and steadily will help keep it off in the long run too. Good luck!

Give it time. You're doing great to start so soon after the baby. I'm sure you'll see progress in a few more months, keep at it.

I started working out and eating better at 4 months pp. it took 4 more months for my body to really look different and I felt really sexy looking! tummy wasn't flat but sure didn't look preggers anymore. At 4 months pp I looked like I was only 2 weeks pp to people at my gym, was so huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->