Struggling to purée LO's food

hippobaby

Reaction score
As the title says really...we started weaning on tues, had baby rice tues and weds, then just carrot last night and tried rice with pear today. I've struggled to get carrott and pear to purée and LO coughs up bits of it. I'm steaming them til soft then using hand blender with some ebm but doesn't seem to be working- and tips

I use my regular blender and use some of the water from cooking the veg/fruit mixed in with it.

What you are doing sounds fine.

Your LO is just getting used to it - give it time. The fact that LO is opening mouth to take some alone is a great start!

I wouldnt worry about trying to get things so smooth like the shop-bought jars as they are ultra smooth - I could never get them like that. I think it helped the transition to the next step easier!!:flower:

If you want to make it smoother you could push it through a sieve once blended.

The only thing i've been able to get shop bought smoothe is banana! everything else is bitty, LO not too keen on it but I figured she'll get used to it and it will help with transistion to proper solids and different textures

thanks for the advice ladies....think part of the problem has been my £5 tesco value blender, only 150 watts! so i bought a proper one today - 600 watts, much better...thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->