Struggling with girl names!

olivehead

Reaction score
Recently had our 19-week ultrasound for baby #3...and its a darling little girl! Our THIRD daughter! Ha! Girls rule this roost.

While I definitely wasn't surprised, a little part of me had been hoping it'd be a boy for the sole reason that I'm totally running dry on girly names that I like. It's tough thinking up three different names that you really like for the same gender! But I'm just stoked that she's looking happy and healthy, wriggling around in there (and man, does she wriggle).

That said...I'm really struggling coming up with a name that both hubby and I like. Our other daughters have feminine, somewhat classical names: Olivia Belle and Cambria Leigh. This new girly doesn't NEED to have the -ia ending but I do want her name to have a sophisticated sort of femininity to it, like her sisters'.

So far, the lone name the hubz and I somewhat agree on is:

Aria Claire

I personally also like Elodie (Ellie for short), Penelope (Penny), and Layla, but he's not well sold. Claire is a family name (as were Belle and Leigh) so that's likely to stick as the middle name.

Any other ideas out there? I'm very much open to suggestions! Thanks in advance!

I really like Aria Claire. I think it goes well with your other daughters' names.

Or how about Julia Claire?

Ophelia
Felicity
Maya
Aurora
Athena

Ps: love Elodie

Felicia first came to mind. It goes nicely with your other 2 and Felicia Claire sounds lovely IMO :thumbup:

Other options:
Candice
Melissa
Julianna
Serenity
Desiree
Sofia

The first name that came to mind to go with Olivia & Cambria was: Isla

Isla Claire sounds very pretty!

Aria Claire is also gorgeous! :thumbup:

Additional suggestions:

Juliet
Mia
Alexia
Lillia

Thank you, thank you for all the wonderful suggestions!

I've always liked Julia, being a bit of a Roman history nerd, but a cousin recently named her son Julian so it's kind of off the table. :(

Isla is an interesting name I hadn't thought of before! I'm definitely going to try it out for a few days and run it by the hubz.

Thanks again ladies!

classic feminine names are what I love too- our girls are Virginia and Juliette. I also love Florence, Phillipa, Lydia, and Emmie! If we have a third daughter, we are leaning towards Emmie Mae.

Cute names! I thought about Georgia too, I do love some of the state names.

Amelia Claire
Hannah Claire
Lydia Claire
Madeline Claire
Jessica Claire
Martha Claire

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members