Struggling with my 5yr old dd!!

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
My daughter is turning evil. I have no idea why she is like this. Her attitude stinks, she back chats, stamps her feet, slams the door, tells me she hates me and doesn't love me.

Today was the end of the line, I was on the toilet, went back downstairs and she had got the coffe jar down and emptied coffee all over the floor!!! She has been sent to bed.

But her and my four yr old son have no respect what so ever!!! This week iv had
-drawing on radiator
-broke toys
-flooded bathroom 3x!
-full on fighting between them both
-back chat
And just general disrespect!

I send them to there bedrooms if there naughty, and They lose things. But she isn't bothered. They both seem to be pushing me this week! But there like it all the time!

The other day they slept at my sisters, and normally there good as gold, my sister has great pleasure telling me there never naughty for her.

Found out Taylor did a lot of bak chatting.

In the morning my sister was serving breakfast, she brought sons bowl and milk out, daughter asked where hers was, sister said hold on I'm carrying these my hands are full, daughter turned around and said well you do have two hands!

She lies a lot too, even if iv caught her red handed.

Please tell me this is a phase :( what do I do? :shrug:

I have no great advise hun- has anything changed recently to cause this behavior? If, like you said, this is normal for them- maybe they both just need more consistency? I don't know the normal consequences- but can you sit them both down, when they are calm and try to get to the bottom of why they are acting out? Could you help them express their feelings more maybe? It could be so many things- really hard to know sometimes.

My SD went through a long phase- due to her anxiety- where she tried to control things all the time and argued about EVERYTHING! I'm not kidding. It was very frustrating (to say the least)- but we knew where it steamed from (long story due to things her bio-mom put her through as a child), and with counseling (for her)- but also to help us learn how to cope and react in a better way- we learned what worked and what didn't. It was honestly hard not to argue back- then I'd think "wait, I'm the adult here!"- so we had to SHOW her that with our actions, not words (as those were ignored more). We found, with trial and error, that we had to stay consistent and strong in our response... usually "this is not a debate. These are your options." so she felt she had some control, since that was what she was looking for, but we still got her to do what we needed with the options we picked. It was a while before it got better- but we had to learn how to deal too, not just her. She did grow out of it though (99%)- lol. And grew into such a lovely and confident young woman- and we are all very bonded and close and have a very open loving relationship. We always did- but for sure that was a big struggle for us all at the time.

Best of luck hun!

My daughter is turning evil. I have no idea why she is like this. Her attitude stinks, she back chats, stamps her feet, slams the door, tells me she hates me and doesn't love me.

Today was the end of the line, I was on the toilet, went back downstairs and she had got the coffe jar down and emptied coffee all over the floor!!! She has been sent to bed.

But her and my four yr old son have no respect what so ever!!! This week iv had
-drawing on radiator
-broke toys
-flooded bathroom 3x!
-full on fighting between them both
-back chat
And just general disrespect!

I send them to there bedrooms if there naughty, and They lose things. But she isn't bothered. They both seem to be pushing me this week! But there like it all the time!

The other day they slept at my sisters, and normally there good as gold, my sister has great pleasure telling me there never naughty for her.

Found out Taylor did a lot of bak chatting.

In the morning my sister was serving breakfast, she brought sons bowl and milk out, daughter asked where hers was, sister said hold on I'm carrying these my hands are full, daughter turned around and said well you do have two hands!

She lies a lot too, even if iv caught her red handed.

Please tell me this is a phase :( what do I do? :shrug:

I know it sucks, and I have heard everything you have with my 7 year old son!! Ever since he started school he has got nasty at times.. My son struggles with bullies in school, and if he gets bullied then he takes it out on me or his door.. It is just apart of life, I think.. I can remember giving my parents a hard time.. Like my mom always said I hope you have child like you.. Well.. It came true.. And he is a boy, can't imagine what it would be like with a girl.. But you just gotta stand your ground and it will get better.. Maybe they are acting out for attention.. Hope it gets better for you..

My 4 year old is like this. Not the destructive part, but definitely talks back and gets aggressive. We've tried time outs, taking things away, doesn't work! Even try putting the positive spin on things, and that doesn't seem to work either. I'm at my wits end most days (and I only have him every other week) and that makes me feel like a crap mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->