Struggling with Secondary school and behaviour

hypnorm

Reaction score
Ewan started secondary in septemeber. He is the youngest in his year being august baby and has always struggled through school.
His concentration has always been hit an miss, if he is interested then he will put the effort in, but can be lazy.

He has the typical strops and foot stomping. but school have now said they are concerned about his behaviour and he is becoming aggressive towards class mates. Apparently spitting at one.

This is totally out of character and they seem to have labelled him as a trouble maker already, he doesn't find school easy and never has. I wasn't given an option to keep him back a year the he started school. had he been 2 weeks later he would still be in primary school and it shows in his mentality.

Ive discussed bullying with him but t sounds like the typical name calling etc.
i hate that school is slowly destroying his confidence.

My 12 year old is in his 2nd year of secondary/ middle school.... his birthday is in June so he too is a younger child in 7th grade... my last year was a super tough year.... and we were right where you are!!! Not only is our boys trying to fit in they don't yet have their identity figured out.... even though this is a rough time and an evil necessity.... It doesn't have to destroy our children... bullying is terrible and it is as you mentioned mostly name calling- but that name calling is enough to destroy the sweet boy we sent off into the world of school... imagine being told your stupid several times a day and not knowing who you really are-you begin to buy into those lies and believe you're stupid... so at home- what do you do to build his confidence? what do you do to build him up to know how bright he really is?? are you hands on or does everyone have their own agenda with little time for each other??
Do you have a church family with a youth group? Is your son involved in sports or a hobby??
would like to know more about how you work through these tough years as I'm right here with you... in the meantime, I found an article that was helpful to me and would like to share it with you, if you'd like...

Ewan started secondary in septemeber. He is the youngest in his year being august baby and has always struggled through school.
His concentration has always been hit an miss, if he is interested then he will put the effort in, but can be lazy.

He has the typical strops and foot stomping. but school have now said they are concerned about his behaviour and he is becoming aggressive towards class mates. Apparently spitting at one.

This is totally out of character and they seem to have labelled him as a trouble maker already, he doesn't find school easy and never has. I wasn't given an option to keep him back a year the he started school. had he been 2 weeks later he would still be in primary school and it shows in his mentality.

Ive discussed bullying with him but t sounds like the typical name calling etc.
i hate that school is slowly destroying his confidence.

We are not religious so we don't get involved in the church stuff.

He plays he has guitar lesson at school.
He spends a lot of time on his phone or computer, which i am also guilty of too. But we are restricting times.

We had his interim school report on friday and all the comments in behaviour, effort and home work were good to excellent so it really doesn't add up with them telling us they are concerned re- his behaviour.

he used to like running but has stopped that and not really in to clubs. He does singing too . Likes football but we are busy i=on weekends so he cannot commit to a club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->