Struggling with work and a not so happy boss

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
ugh worked a 9.5 hour day on tuesday, then a 11 hour day on wednesday. Wednesday night I was in so much pain and started getting contractions. I've been getting braxton hicks for a while now so I just laid down and waited for them to go away, as they usually do. Well they didn't. And they hurt and I could feel them in my back. This went on for a few hours and I got them every 6 mins. I finally fell asleep and was in and out of sleep all night still getting them here and there.

Thursday, I went into work even though I was still getting them but they weren't as bad or as consistent so I figured I'd try to gut it out. 2 hours into work I was still feeling pretty bad. Called the dr and of course they had me come in. Everything was fine and even though I was still having some random contractions, they weren't overly concerend because my cervix was totally fine and closed. They did tell me that I was dehydrated and need to rest.

So I decided not to go back to work. I'm pretty sure my boss is pissed off about the whole thing. She wouldn't answer my texts and didn't even speak to me this AM.

So frustrating! I've been going non stop for weeks and one day I take a sick day (not even a full day!) and it's an issue. I honestly don't care because I know I'm not in wrong for taking care of my health first but I just wish it wasn't an issue... Anyone else in a similar situation?

Um, yes. My boss is extremely insensitive, though he doesn't get pissed off he makes me feel obligated to come in even when I feel like crap because "There's too much going on" and he's incapable of typing something up for himself. Makes me just want to say "Eff you all" and walk out. One more week!

Unfortunately, that's business. You did the right thing for yourself and if the worst is that she has not responded to a text messages/ignored you then it seems like they are not making a big deal out of it.

When I call in for not feeling well I do my best to not feel guilty. It's natural to feel that way but you're doing what's best for you so good job on that!

No one has ever been on their death bed and said: "I wish I worked more." Take it easy and don't worry about what your boss thinks :)

What a bitch. My boss once tried to tell me that I wasn't allowed to take a paid sick day, but I could take a day out of my annual leave instead. I swiftly reminded him that I was studying HR (a course that he was paying for!) & that if he was unsure of the law that I could send him some websites to look at..he never said anything again about me taking time off after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->