Struggling

Michelle1704

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Where do I begin. I have a 10 week old son who is EBF, this past 5 days he has been crying more than he used to. I've tried everything that I can think of, I don't know whether he is over stimulated so I try and get him to nap earlier, hungry offer the breast that normally pisses him off more, rock him that occasionally settles him but not always. I can't fault him at night time he doesn't cry at all but during the day after his morning nap he just becomes so unhappy. I have a 2 year old and I can't do anything with her because I can't put him down when he's like it.
I'm at my wits end, by the end of the day I'm in tears.
Has anyone had a similar experience, did it pass? Anything else I can try!

Thanks

My number 1 suggestion if you haven't already tried it is a good baby carrier. This really helped calm my babies down and our youngest still naps more often if I have her in one.

I guess it's hard to say.. Maybe try some light blocking curtains in his room? If it's dark, that could help.. White noise was also a huge help for us. And we did use a pacifier with her for a few months until she started rejecting it but might be worth a shot. It's really hard when you have other kids relying on you too. Try to relax as much as you can. I remember times the baby would be so fussy and I was so stressed, I'd hand her over to someone calmer and she would also calm down. It's hard but babies can sense stress. Try playing some happy music as you bounce him around or maybe a walk outside?

:hugs:

My ds#3 is what we call "the hands on baby" - he just always wanted to be held. I got a Moby Wrap and a ring sling and babywearing worked great for us. Now he is 19 months and has been exploring his independence for the last 8 months or so like and other baby with the occasional day where he really needs a lot of snuggle time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->