Stuck in a rut ( cooking )

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
I'm so bored of cooking the same old same old every week

We have this mainly in the winter mths, summer tends to e more adventurous for some reason

Pie
Spaghetti bolognase
Sausages
Roast
Tuna pasta etc
Sometimes fish
Shepherds pie
Stew

I'd be really interested in some different recepies, like spice, fish so will try most thins

Share your favourite recipes :thumbup:

Thx :)

I've started making more omelettes now. Quick, easy and good for you. Kids seem to like them too.

Have a look at the thread what's for dinner tonight.
It's given me great ideas to try myself

I second the idea of having a look at the what's for dinner thread, has a lot of great ideas.

I have the same issue though, I feel like I always cook the same! This week we have had and are having:

Steak, home made wedges and peas
Chicken roast
Chicken in one of those maggi bags with home made chips and beans
Fish, jacket potato and salad
fajitas
Chilli
chicken curry

Hope that helps.

Thx ladies ill look at that, omelette yum, forgot about fajitas we used to have them a lot before the girls ..love a curry but we tend to order in as ours always end up a disaster

I just use those sauces in jars when making a curry, I think it's Sherwoods ones that I buy and they're lovely, not as greasy as take away. I find if you fry the chicken on a high heat and put the sauce in before it's fully cooked (and finish cooking it in the sauce on a low heat) it tends to be nice and juicy, not chewy.

My DH loves cheesy chicken enchiladas and I tried the kids with them last week and they liked them too. They have a bit of spice but my kids seemed ok with it. I just get those meal sets in the boxes (Old El Paso) and follow the instructions on the box.

I also make Szechuan Kung Po chicken (again a jar for the sauce) and I put onions and peppers in and I also like to roast up some cashew nuts and add them for extra texture.

We also love fajitas and my DH's favourite, scrambled egg and beans on toast haha. Nice and easy!

We are much the same, keep going back to same things, esp now DH is cooking as I have morning (all day) sickness and he is a bit rusty :haha:

Here are some of ours...

Chilli and rice
Burritos
Chilli, chorizo and tomato pasta
Meatballs in tomato sauce and spag
Corned beef hash
Jambalaya
Pizza and spicy rice
Chicken fried rice
Chicken ciabatta with a spicy sauce, salad and potatoes
Cottage pie
Fishcakes
Cheese, bacon and herb pasta (use philly plus cheese for speed!)

tonight we had, sausage, chips, peas & fried egg..
tonorrow we are having chicken cooked in a home made tomato sauce with rice.
weds we are having pie, mash & veg
thurs spag bowl
friday chilli on jacket spuds
saturday LO is having home made fish pie (i dont eat fish so will prob have pork with mash & veg)

I'm exactly the same. I have been struggling to come up with new dinner ideas so going to keep an eye on this thread.

I tend to cook things like
Stews
Roasts
Home made pizza (our favourite topping at the moment is left over roast chicken, avocado and spinach, sometimes bacon as well)
Pasta carbonara
Meatloaf
Meatballs and home made burgers (something with beef and pork mince and sometimes with chicken mince)
Chicken breasts baked with garlic, crumbled feta and creme fraiche and a splash of wine(I also do the same with chicken strips on the hob)
Pork chops in various ways (balsalmic glaze, or with grilled pineapple and red onion, or with a creme fraiche and herb sauce, or with apples etc. etc. loads of different ways to do them)
Corn tortilla wraps with left over meat or some freshly fried leaf steak, fresh salsa, sour cream and chopped avocado
Different soups (sweet potato and chorizo, potato and onion, chicken, pork etc. with extra veggies chucked in and the whole thing blended and some grated cheese for extra flavour)
Baked salmon either baked in cream, or with a topping of lemon juice, breadcrumbs, chopped onion and butter, or a balsalmic glaze
Stuffed chicken breasts (I usually stuff with something like mozarella, spinach, basil, garlic and maybe wrap in bacon)
Pasta with mashed avocado, creme fraiche, grated pasta cheese like parmigiano reggiano and some chopped cherry tomatoes and the rest of the avocado chopped

Stews
Roasts
Home made pizza (our favourite topping at the moment is left over roast chicken, avocado and spinach, sometimes bacon as well)
Pasta carbonara
Meatloaf
Meatballs and home made burgers (something with beef and pork mince and sometimes with chicken mince)
Chicken breasts baked with garlic, crumbled feta and creme fraiche and a splash of wine(I also do the same with chicken strips on the hob)
Pork chops in various ways (balsalmic glaze, or with grilled pineapple and red onion, or with a creme fraiche and herb sauce, or with apples etc. etc. loads of different ways to do them)
Corn tortilla wraps with left over meat or some freshly fried leaf steak, fresh salsa, sour cream and chopped avocado
Different soups (sweet potato and chorizo, potato and onion, chicken, pork etc. with extra veggies chucked in and the whole thing blended and some grated cheese for extra flavour)
Baked salmon either baked in cream, or with a topping of lemon juice, breadcrumbs, chopped onion and butter, or a balsalmic glaze
Stuffed chicken breasts (I usually stuff with something like mozarella, spinach, basil, garlic and maybe wrap in bacon)
Pasta with mashed avocado, creme fraiche, grated pasta cheese like parmigiano reggiano and some chopped cherry tomatoes and the rest of the avocado chopped

Mmmm these sound lovely will be trying some :flower:

Stews
Roasts
Pasta carbonara
Meatloaf

Mmm I wish I lived in your house! :haha:

Every so often I look at the Good to Know website, they'll have articles like 10 meals £1 a head etc with some good ideas, or you can search by ingredient, budget, low fat, family friendly etc.

Also I love recipe blogs, pinterest or recipe mags for seasonal inspiration. I've never looked at the what's for dinner thread, I'm off for a nosy!

I make a lot of food with chorizo - my favourite ingredients to use are chorizo, onion, pepper, chili, paprika, tomato, mixed bean. A winning combination which I use in wraps and pasta dishes.

Also, beef chili, root veg curry (recipe online I can give you if you need it), risotto. I really dont like freezer food so try and cook as much as I can. :flower:

This week we'll be having
Fish pie
Spaghetti Bolognese
Shepards pie
Meatballs
Slow cooked chicken thighs
Chicken curry, with paste and coconut milk.

I think that's the contents of my freezer meat, lamb mince, beef mince, chicken and assorted fish!

I like to do meat free mondays so I'm making falafels and serving with wholemeal pitta bread and salad. My lo loves falafel!

We also love home made pizza, Chinese (tend to use ready sauce jars) casseroles, with chicken, sausages or beef, toad in the hole, cauliflower cheese, baked potato with different fillings, fajitas, chilli, pasta bakes, chicken stuffed with Philly cheese and wrapped in parma ham (Mmm) lasagne made with spinach and ricotta, omelets and roast dinner!

I want to make something with duck randomly as I've never cooked it!

This week we'll be having
Fish pie
Spaghetti Bolognese
Shepards pie
Meatballs
Slow cooked chicken thighs
Chicken curry, with paste and coconut milk.

I think that's the contents of my freezer meat, lamb mince, beef mince, chicken and assorted fish!

I like to do meat free mondays so I'm making falafels and serving with wholemeal pitta bread and salad. My lo loves falafel!

We also love home made pizza, Chinese (tend to use ready sauce jars) casseroles, with chicken, sausages or beef, toad in the hole, cauliflower cheese, baked potato with different fillings, fajitas, chilli, pasta bakes, chicken stuffed with Philly cheese and wrapped in parma ham (Mmm) lasagne made with spinach and ricotta, omelets and roast dinner!

I want to make something with duck randomly as I've never cooked it!

Roast duck is delicious (especially the crispy skin *drools* )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->