Stuck in awkward stage - early pregnancy symptoms gone, no movement yet

sil

Reaction score
Is anyone else with me? I'll be 14 weeks in two days. My morning sickness has left and my exhaustion and bloat are easing. However, I still haven't felt baby. It's a weird stage where I just don't feel pregnant anymore (which I know is normal and I'm not worried about, but it just feels odd). I can't wait to feel baby move, get a bump, and feel more of a connection.

14 weeks tomorrow, morning sickness all gone apart from an occasional wave but bloating, wow, after eating I look about 6 months! It's so uncomfortable. I do have a tiny bump I can just see and feel right above my pelvic bone but that's dwarfed in comparison to my huge bloated fat tummy! Xx

Welcome over! It'll all change before you know it!

I'm honestly just jealous haha. I'm 17 weeks and still have morning sickness. Other than that though, I feel ya. Being in that awkward stage between the 12 and 20 week ultrasound (21 weeks for me), and not feeling the baby move, is really bumming me out.

I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and I feel like this! My symptoms pretty much stopped at 9 weeks (cue the omg what is wrong?!). I was convinced there'd be no baby at the 12 week scan... there was, albeit a lazy one who would only stretch about (still didn't feel pregnant even after seeing baby). I've had the odd small movement since then, one huge kick last week and that's it!
Had my midwife appointment yesterday where we heard the heartbeat (the little monkey was hiding though so it took forever for her to find it and more panicking on my part). A healthy 150bpm. I still don't feel pregnant!
I can't wait for the movements to get bigger and more frequent and then I might actually start to believe I'm carrying someone in there!

I never really had any symtpoms, aside from nausea, and at two previous scans have been told I have an anterior placenta and, as a result, my nausea has gone but at 19w5d I've still not felt movement. I feel exactly the same way. I'm desperate to hear the hb again and see baby at next weeks scan and cannot wait to feel movement even though I know it could be slightly longer for me if placenta stays where it is :(

My only saving grace is the completely random bouts of sickness that occur maybe once every week and a half.

I felt like this too, symptoms mostly gone about 14 weeks and didn't feel movement well until about 17 weeks. I was sure I'd feel it sooner as I was feeling it regukarly by 16 weeks with DS1, but nope. Now he's moving all the time, and I'll tell ya, once you're feeling it hourly you'll forget the time where you couldn't feel it at all.

At this stage, watch out for the subtle pops and flutters! They're easy to miss at first but get stronger/more obvious.

Hi!
I am 24 weeks now but I had a weird phase too, where I almost didn't feel pregnant anymore! I had really bad nausea until about 14 weeks, but then it left and I felt so "normal" again- in a weird way!
I wasn't *really* showing yet, and didn't start to feel the first teeny tiny movements until 16 weeks. But even then, I wasn't *sure* it was baby until around 18 weeks.
You will FEEL pregnant soon, I promise! The anomaly scan around week 20 will help it feel more *real* also. :) Until then- enjoy your symptoms free days!!!

I'm really struggling with this right now. Only 2 weeks since my scan but seems like forever until the next one.

I'm still a bit early for 2nd tri... but I feel the same. Most of my nausea is gone, it's too early for movement, we don't get ultrasounda until 20 weeks here, and I haven't even properly heard the heartbeat yet. It sucks. I just want something to happen to feel pregnant. :(

Me too! I am 17 weeks today. Feel totally normal except it looks like I may have eaten too many cookies. :haha: I have an anterior placenta like dream catcher so still a while until I feel movements. Preggo worries are never ending!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->