stuck on girls names!

L

lola

we have called our baby Poppy since we knew she was a girl but more and more people keep saying, 'oh I have a friend who has just had a baby called Poppy' and its putting us off :dohh:

So please can you help!!!! the options we have at the moment are;

Poppy Sophia
Sofia Primrose
Sofia Bluebell
Perdita Sophia (Purdy for short)
Bluebell Sophia

I just don't know:hissy: thing is we really like Perdita as its very rare but everyone hates it.............. I really dont know now, any oppinions please please please? :blush:

I really like Poppy Sophia and if Poppy gets too common when she's in school she could always opt to use Sophia (though that's pretty popular as well). I'm a huge fan of Sophia so that name is a keeper to me. :D

thing is we really like Perdita as its very rare but everyone hates it

that's why I will be keeping baby's name a secret until he/she is born.

People are less likely to voice their opinions if you wait until after LO is born. No one is going to tell you they hate the name when you show them your gorgeous baby and announce the name at the same time.

I am gonna keep my baby name a secret IRL too. I announced that my LO was going to be called Eliza May before she was born (in may btw) and the inlaws hated it! I went ahead anyhow, but this time I cannot be doing with the stress.
PS I like all your names so go for it

Im a bit biased , I love Sofia, its my second daughters name. xx

I quite like Perdita!! Also like Bluebell too!!

I like Poppy and don't know anyone called it. I think you should stick with it!

Thanks girls :) I think your right, we just wont say anything to anyone now and call her what we love when she gets here..... I think Perdita Sophia may be a winner......or even Bluebell Sophia..... who knows, we'll see what she looks like but you have given me the confidence to go with whatever feels right! :) xxxx

I love Perdita Sophia!

I have no idea why someone should hate it, lol!

I LOVELOVELOVE Bluebell but my hubby is dead against it, so I won't be allowed. I really like the sound of Sophia Bluebell.

P.S.: I think all your names are really really pretty. Were there any others you thought about? Wondering if I could steal some for my own list. :D

If you are worried about Poppy, you could use it as a nickname for a name like Penelope :) I love that name and my OH is really into it too, but one of my collegues have a daughter by that name, so I don't feel comfortable copying it :)

I would love keeping the womb name as a nickname for the baby, I think it's really sweet, but we just called her the "bean" until we new the sex, and now we are just calling her Miss.

You have chosen some pretty names btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"