Stuffy Nose.

Srrme

Reaction score
Elias has had what seems like a stuffy nose since birth! It sounds a bit difficult for him to breath sometimes. They used to "suction" his nose in the NICU, which he hated because they were far too rough and would always make his nose bleed.

How can I relieve my poor baby? :nope:

My LO was the same and it always made me worry as she was also a poor feeder. We bought one of the nasal aspirators but it was also a 'bit rough' and upset her. My husband sourced one which you suck a tube and place the other end in the babies nose so a bit less fierce. Never bought it as she got less stuffy but it might work. Doc always advised to take into steamy shower room and elevate cot. Not sure if anything actually works but it does get better.

Thanks! I sure hope it gets better soon. It's not ridiculously stuffy, but sometimes it just sounds horrible!

great stuff is the nasal spray altho your lo might be too little, you can get saline drops from the chemist, my gp prescribed it when he had a cold, you just put a drop in each nostril at feeds, and nap times, it just softens anything in there and clears them up. Being in the bathroom with the shower on helps olly, what I do when he has a cold is give him a bath in the bath but fill the sink with hot water to make it more steamy.
When your LO is 3 mpnths old you can use karvol drops on a hanky- worked so well for olly.
we didnt find the sucky thing helped as olly went mad when we tried to use it!! haha.
hope your LO is ok soon
xxx

Nasal Spray or drops, if you must use anything, but please avoid the sucky things. Pulling their snot out can be so irritating for their little noses. It was a consultant at the hospital who warned me against that. I would often feed Abby in the bathroom with the shower running, but to be honest, it seemed to bother me more than it bothered her!

You could also try the Karvol plug thing or capusles. They seem to work quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->