Stupid question but how many clothes will I need?

christina1612

Reaction score
Hi all

Ive completely forgotten with my first how much clothing I'm going to need for baby! I've been given literally bags and bags of it and I want to start sorting through it, how many vests, babygros and outfits will I realistically need? We do a wash pretty much every day or so but I can't remember the rough amount thats recommended.

I got carried away with my first and she grow out of it so quickly. My DD only wore an outfit if we were going out somewhere special for the first 4-6 month. The rest of the time she was in baby grows and vests.

I would say you would need no more than 10-15 baby grows and a similar mix of long and short sleeved vests particularly if you are washing every day. We did have several changes a day due to leakages.

That said I probably have a lot more as I can't stop buying! X

Probably a silly question but what is a "vest" and a "babygro"?
I'm in US and have sleepers and onsies. My LOs always wear onsies under their sleeper. This is what I call a onsie: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Child-of-Mine-by-Carter-s-Newborn-Baby-Girl-Bodysuits-3-Pack/36472691
and this is a sleeper: https://www.walmart.com/ip/36472926?productRedirect=true
aside from a few cute outfits, this is all I have and all my babies usually wear unless we are going out.
but I need to get more sleepers or at least more pants to go with the onsies as at last count I only had 4 newborn sleepers and two 0-3. But plenty of long sleeve onesis but no pants!!

Yeah what you call a onesie is a vest and sleeper is a babygro. Ive kept myself enough for about two changes a day for about 5 days, just incase i get behind with my washing in the early days and a few nice outfits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->