Stupid question - moving from bottle to.. cup?

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Ok, so this might sound like a stupid question (because it probably is a stupid question), but i'm completely clueless re the stages of things like this. When does baby stop having milk from a bottle?? I mean - I know they continue to have milk.... but how much and in what?? I've heard people say things like "at 12 months we moved from a bottle to a cup"..... is this a proper cup or a little sippy cup?? And is this completely moving over, as in no more bottles at all?? Is it at 12 months it's done? Sorry for the stupid questions!!

I think the recommendation is to get your child off bottles by a year, except for maybe one at bedtime. I can't answer any of your other questions though, I can't even get my LO to drink out of a sippy cup in the first place...

Thanks for your reply. Harry will quite happily drink from a sippy cup, but in exactly that way... sips. I can't see him drinking 7oz of milk from one. You say "the recommendation" - can you let me know where I can read the recommendations pls? Thanks again

It was in a weaning booklet my HV gave me...I read it and threw it away unfortunately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->