• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stupid stupid health insurance (UK)

Snow Owl

Reaction score
At my work we have a small health insurance set up that we pay £5 a month into and it covers us for so much dental, eye care, chiropractor etc.

There is also a maternity lump sum.

Well we just rung to claim and turns out as my company changed health insurance policies last year things have changed.

We got auto qualifying on all payouts BUT maternity. Turns out I don't qualify by 1 month :(

That's £500 I could have had if work hasn't changed policies or they didn't have their stupid stupid qualifying period :(

We had plans for that cash (breast pump and stocking up on nappies etc) but now we don't have it.

Just needed to rant as I've just burst into tears on my OH :(

We're so tight each month it's one hell of a blow

Shouldn't they have informed you about changing the policy?x

I'd put this in writing to your manager/ HR..... failing to inform you of the policy change may constitute a breech of contract.
I'd be cheeky and ask your employers to stump up the money!!

Hmm, pretty sure they have to inform you. Every year we get emails 1 month before our poliys are up, so to speak. and you have that month to amend details, cancel or change etc. We also get copies of all the new policy docs.

Oh we got told had meetings etc. I've gone back through my paperwork and in the teeny print it explains about maternity being the exception. Yeh they forgot (the health insurance company) to mention that bit didn't they!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->