Subchoirionic hematoma

Lisa2701

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been having intermittent and sudden heavy bleeding since 5 weeks, the latest being a couple of days ago. Had a few scans but today they found a subchoirionic hematoma. They reassured me that it 'should' resolve itself but even if it doesn't it won't affect the baby. Very stupidly however I googled it :dohh: Google seems to think that if it gets large or doesn't resolve itself it can interfere with the placenta, cause prem labour etc? Anyone else have this and was wondering what your health care providers are saying/your understanding of it??

I had one found at 7 weeks. I'm now almost 15 and haven't bled for weeks. I think I bled from about 5 to 10 weeks. I was told they absorb by 20 weeks more often then not. Don't worry dear, they aren't the end of the pregnancy just a bump.
When you have your 20 week scan they'll be able to see if its gone and go from there :)

I had intermittent spotting caused by a SCH. It was found at 7 weeks and by my 12 week scan it had been completely reabsorbed. Try and have a few days of rest, which was what my doctor suggested.

I have a small one found at 8 week scan. Doctor wasn't concerned in any way. Have had a little bit of brown spotting since week 8. I had a scan at 9 weeks 5 days and it had decreased in size and was reabsorbing.

Thank you for all the reassurance ladies. I was really quite worried when I googled it - really must learn to stay away from that!!

I have had a bleed at 5 weeks through to 7 weeks. a severe bleed at 8 weeks and then another on Monday. Up until today they couldn't find a reason for it. Previously I've had a bleed on a friday night (genuinely all of them on friday evenings) and so had to wait until Monday mornings for a scan, so I think I've had a hematoma at each of those bleeds which has resolved itself before the scan ( which the midwife agreed was possible but said we've never know). Where as this one I've been scanned much quicker and so it hasn't been resolved (if that makes sense). I am going to try rest for the next two weeks and hope that by my dating scan in two weeks it has resolved fully.

Previously I've had a bleed on a friday night (genuinely all of them on friday evenings).

It's funny you say that, all my bleeds occurred on a Sunday, strange how these things happen.

Definitely try and rest, my doctor was so lovely and drew me pictures and explained that it was common and that even his wife had a SCH. After I started resting and stopped having sex for a little while the SCH was gone.

I had one diagnosed at 8 weeks as I had bleeding from 5 weeks until 7, i then bled again at ten weeks but on my 12 weeks scan it had gone so fingers crossed your goes soon too! I would try and stay away from Google! I did the same and scared myself!! :hugs:

Thank you ladies. I have stopped bleeding now so just need to rest and hopefully it'll be gone by my scan in a couple of weeks.

Need to ask a personal question. What's the deal regarding sex/orgasms? :blush: I wasn't advised against doing anything, she more or less told me that baby would be fine so it was nothing to worry about but everything I read on forums/Internet suggests sex and orgasms can be dangerous? I'm absolutely climbing the walls, my sex drive is through the roof but I'll refrain from anything if it's harmful obviously. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->