• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Subconscious Attitudes in Relationships Study

hapybride1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm an undergraduate student at the University of Rochester, New York and am currently doing a project on intimate relationships as part of my thesis. It would be great if you could help me by completing my online survey, and inviting your partner to do the survey too if he or she is interested. Your participation is greatly appreciated. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions ([email protected]) or you can visit our lab webpage at www.couples-research.com for more information about our research.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Subconscious Attitudes in Relationships Study
-------------------------------------------------------------
Psychology researchers at the University of Rochester are looking for people at least 18 years old and in romantic relationships (from dating to marriage) to complete a short survey.

CLICK BELOW IF INTERESTED

https://www.courses.rochester.edu/surveys/funk/subconscious/index.htm

1. Is VOLUNTARY and ANONYMOUS
2. Completed ONLINE
3. Is short (takes 30-35 minutes to complete)
4. Assesses both conscious (self-reported) and sub-conscious (implicit attitudes)
5. Will offer you extensive feedback on your personality and your relationship
- 4 empirically validated dimensions of personality
- 8 empirically validated dimensions of individual & relationship functioning
This feedback will contrast how you see yourself and your partner at a conscious level to how you see both yourself and your partner at a more sub-conscious level.
6. Includes optional follow up surveys every 3rd month with cash drawings
- Brief surveys (10-15 min)
- Occurring at 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24 months after the initial survey
- Offer a chance to win $100

Yeah definately. It said that I wasn't happy with my OH just coz I kept accidentally pressing the spacebar at the wrong time. Damn it. My OH is the best thing that has happened to me.

Yeah same with me, i just kept pressing it when anything popped up. So now it thinks i associate my OH with death, tragedy and accidents. Um, no i don't. I'm just daft and kept pressing the space bar by accident!!

Yeah, with me it said I wasn't a positive person, when everything I clicked was positive :dohh: I don't think that part of the survey should determine any results, because it goes so fast, and to be honest, it got to a point where I hit the spacebar over and over out of frustration!!

I found that flash words part really hard to do!

I found that flash words part really hard to do!

I AGREE!!!! it frustrated me a lot!

Hi katy and Alexas Mommy,

Thank you so much for completing the survey. I'm really sorry if you found the word-sorting task frustrating. It is actually called the Go/No-Go Association Task (or GNAT). The task is designed to be difficult. That is why the words flash by so quickly. The task is trying to assess how you view things at a subconscious level and so it is supposed to be a very fast task so that you don’t have time to let your conscious mind interfere.

I apologize again for the frustration and thanks a lot for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->