substantial age gap between children........labour experience??

jzgrace

Reaction score
I was hoping to have a quick 3rd time delivery. But I read that someones doc told them with a large gap between babies the subsequent labor experience will be just like giving birth for the first time. Has anyone found any truth in that? Im hoping my dreams for a fast easy 3rd delivery wont be shattered. Any birth stories or labor timing you can share will be appreciated.

My oldest will be 12 in Feb. I just had my second 4 weeks ago. Honestly I think my labor experience went much better this time but I also went into labor on my own.

Pain wise this one was much easier on me, as well as the pushing phase. I went into labor at 6am on Tuesday, labored at home all day until 1am when I was pretty sure my water broke and contractions were lasting almost 2 min (they were coming every 10 minutes). We were at the hospital by 1:30am, got my epidural at 2:40am, but had urge to push at 3am. 3 big pushes later and he was born at 3:20am. No cut or tear.

With my first, contractions were extremely painful, especially with the pitocin. I was induced at 12:30pm, and had him at 6:15pm same day. And it took me about an hour and 45 minutes to push. I had trouble, I was exhausted. Doctor ended up cutting me, and they had to use forceps.

There was an 8 year gap between my 2 boys and the first was a typical first labour, long and drawn out and painful with me begging for every drug going.

My 2nd was the perfect labour with waters breaking, mild contractions, an hour of strong contractions and then baby arriving with 2 pushes and absolutely zero pain relief ( I was under the impression I had g&a but hubby told me afterwards that it wasn't actually plugged in and was just swinging free at the other end hehe)

My oldest will be 12 in Feb. I just had my second 4 weeks ago. Honestly I think my labor experience went much better this time but I also went into labor on my own.

Pain wise this one was much easier on me, as well as the pushing phase. I went into labor at 6am on Tuesday, labored at home all day until 1am when I was pretty sure my water broke and contractions were lasting almost 2 min (they were coming every 10 minutes). We were at the hospital by 1:30am, got my epidural at 2:40am, but had urge to push at 3am. 3 big pushes later and he was born at 3:20am. No cut or tear.

With my first, contractions were extremely painful, especially with the pitocin. I was induced at 12:30pm, and had him at 6:15pm same day. And it took me about an hour and 45 minutes to push. I had trouble, I was exhausted. Doctor ended up cutting me, and they had to use forceps.

My first was almost 16 years ago. And I also was induced with pitocin. They had to cut me too. I didnt need forceps tho. I was happy to have an epidural. Then my second was almost 11 years ago. Very painful and I tore I needed several stitches she was 10lbs...whoa! This baby is much smaller. The mw said he is about 6 lbs. She said I wont be having a ten lb baby this time. Thank God. Im praying for a fast delivery. Thank you for sharing :) You have given me hope.

There was an 8 year gap between my 2 boys and the first was a typical first labour, long and drawn out and painful with me begging for every drug going.

My 2nd was the perfect labour with waters breaking, mild contractions, an hour of strong contractions and then baby arriving with 2 pushes and absolutely zero pain relief ( I was under the impression I had g&a but hubby told me afterwards that it wasn't actually plugged in and was just swinging free at the other end hehe)

Oh awesome! Sounds great to me. My second birthing experience was not as smooth as yours. But it was better than my first. What is a g&a? You've got me curious.

Yeah I pretty much spit DS2 out compared to DS1.

DS1 was 7lb 13.5oz and 21 1/2 inches long. DS2 was only 5lb 4oz and 18 inches. So he was much easier to deliver.

I had my first 14 years ago. I was only 20 years old then and it was the most excrutiating pain of my life that I told my husband one child was enough! I was cut down there and the pain medicine seemed to run out just when I needed it most. I was heard all over the hospital cussing out a storm and I barely ever used cuss words!!!

Flash forward to 2011 and I gave birth to my second child (hubby talked me into another child regardless of the pain haha) Even though I had to get cut down there AGAIN...it was the easiest birth EVER!! Of course I was feeling the pain afterwards from being stitched up down there, but the delivery was a breeze. So much of a breeze, I'm doing it again with a third child. :thumbup: So the 11 year gap did nothing to hurt me, in fact, my delivery was perfect. I'm hoping I'm not jinxing myself. Hah.

Oh awesome! Sounds great to me. My second birthing experience was not as smooth as yours. But it was better than my first. What is a g&a? You've got me curious.

Sorry, Gas and Air :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->