Success after 4 m/c with no known cause?

ames03

Reaction score
I'm 35 with no babies happily married to DH who also has no babies. We have had 4 m/c in 18 months with 1 million tests and no known cause can be found. Has anyone had success with no intervention after recurrent m/c?

Hi! After having my 5 year old we were not able to hold on to a pregnancy past 8 weeks. We have had every test out there and there was no known cause. We did go for fertility treatments and was on our second IUI cycle when I was told I was not going to ovulate so that cycle was cancelled. I was told they would start me on provera on cd31 so we could move on to the next cycle. AF never showed and I got my BFP. The only thing I can attribute it to is that we thought we were out that month and just had fun and obviously I did ovulate just later on. I am on baby aspirin and progesterone suppositories as the doctor said it wouldn't hurt to. This is the farthest I have gotten and everything looks great so far. Of course I still worry but am trying to stay positive. I hope you get your sticky bean soon!

Hi! After having my 5 year old we were not able to hold on to a pregnancy past 8 weeks. We have had every test out there and there was no known cause. We did go for fertility treatments and was on our second IUI cycle when I was told I was not going to ovulate so that cycle was cancelled. I was told they would start me on provera on cd31 so we could move on to the next cycle. AF never showed and I got my BFP. The only thing I can attribute it to is that we thought we were out that month and just had fun and obviously I did ovulate just later on. I am on baby aspirin and progesterone suppositories as the doctor said it wouldn't hurt to. This is the farthest I have gotten and everything looks great so far. Of course I still worry but am trying to stay positive. I hope you get your sticky bean soon!

oh my goodness, thank you so much for that reply. My four happened 4/11, 11/11, 3/12, and 10/12. That does give me a glimmer of hope. I am to the point of not wanting to try anymore because I just don't think that I can be one of those people who has 10-20 m/c. It really puts your life on hold. I'm a runner, and I even quit running for #4, and it still happened. I know running doesn't cause m/c, I was just grasping at straws. I was so hoping and praying for a cause to be found, so at least we would have a treatment plan. I can't wait to have my husband read this. Maybe it was just bad luck, 4 times in a row. Who knows?

I had three mc in a row, then went on to have a healthy baby boy (with no intervention) who is now 20 months old. Unfortunately I have since lost another baby at 11+4 :cry: but I am still trying for one more rainbow, good luck Hun. Always have hope x x x

dont give up!

my method was to stop trying! and im expecting, iv had 7 m/c all before 5 weeks tho so mega early, no known cause, im now 5 week plus and iv had beta and they trippled and now i get a scan monday so please dont give up, i also used preseed and instead cup xxx

Thanks to all of you who have posted a reply. I check back daily and I'm always uplifted when I see a response. For right now, we have decided to quit trying and take a break. This hurts so much, I'm not sure if I'll ever want to come off that break. Only time will tell.

Hi honey don't give up hope, I am lucky enough to only have one miscarriage but i know how hard they are ,, my best friend has had six miscarriages between 10 years. And i would feel soo bad for her because i have gone on to have 6 children. Last week my friend had her long waited baby (a girl) she is so pleased she carried on trying and is loving being a new mummy..

I HOPE IT HAPPENS FOR YOU TO.. :hugs:

There's a typical 4-fold protocol that all of us ladies on the RMC thread use thats been really successful (& you are welcome to join!):

5mg folate (its 12x the normal dose as many women can't absorb folate & more cannot hurt you in any way - you just pee it out)

Progesterone - suppositiories or the Crinone gel for US ladies. If you can't get either, at least do the natural rub-on cream, but do double-dose if you can. Again, it can not hurt you but lack of progesterone can be detrimental to pregs/implantation.

Blood Thinners - baby aspirin at least. Many of us have clotting issues & are on injections, but if you have "truly had every clotting test out there" & was negative, then maybe baby aspirin will be fine. I say this bc there are tests even beyond what my very advanced RE did (I had 37 total blood tests, btw & they never even tested for "sticky blood" as I already showed a slight clotting disorder, anyway. Also, I did not do 3 of the Immunes tests due to difficulty & expense.) I only mention this bc I've met so many ladies that thought that the 13 or so blood tests they got "tested for everything" & it wasn't even close. Only when they found this out & demanded the other tests did they actually find something :growlmad:. But, if you had 30+ blood tests then you've probably at least had most screenings.

Steroids or Intralipids - for those who had definite Immunes issues or in most cases, they still went undiagnosed, for some reason steroids or intralipids infusions worked. I know that Mr. Shehata attributes about 50% of "Unknown" RMC issues to immunes/autoimmune disorders. There are so, so many out there its not really possible to test for everything in that category. Its a bit controversial if you google, but I've seen it in action & its amazing what they've done for these girls!!! (& me!)

So, hope this helps some, but feel free to join RMC as you will learn much more there & the ladies are very helpful! There is definitely hope for when yo are ready to TTC again! GL & :flower:

Hello! I just wanted to give you some hope! I have been ttc for almost 3 years and have had 3 miscarriages. I do have pcos, however i was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Every miscarriage has been between 5 and 6 weeks. I was put on metformin for the pcos, and tried Femara to help me ovulate and hopefully produce good quality eggs. I am now 11 weeks pregnant. I have had 2 ultrasounds and everything is normal! Dr put me on asprin and crinone.Dont give up if its what you really want! It will happen :)

Well, I have been not TTC for a year. Somehow it happened again (hmmm?):winkwink:

Anyway, we decided to be happily childless and go about our business. I guess I got lazy with BC. Anyway, I am 6 weeks pg, still with no hope. I can't help it. I've tried to be hopeful, but I've had 4 m/c between 7-9 weeks. I'm not sure how to flip that switch. I haven't even called my MD yet. I told my DH that I would call the MD if I made it to 10 weeks. I currently have only one pg symptom. That's oily skin and hair. Happens every time. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck Hun hope this ones sticky for you xxx

Thank you, me too! I am 9W3D, and this officially the longest that I have carried a pregnancy. Then, last night, I dreamt that I was at a friends house and started spotting (how all of my m/c start). I'm supposed to go to those friend's house this weekend, and now I don't want to go!

I still haven't called my MD. I decided that I would call if I made it to 10 weeks, which will be Sunday. I'm afraid he is going to be upset with me, but honestly, I don't want to go at all! I've had so many u/s, with only one good one, so I'm nervous to go!

I finally got around to making an MD appointment and it was a good one! I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but I did anyway. According to my LMP, I was 10W5D, but measured at 12W1D, so I am almost out of the first trimester! The MD was very reassuring, but I am still nervous. The HB was strong, and I am actually thinking that I might be hopeful! I'll keep updating, hopefully with good news so that others in my situation can follow. I was so thirsty for stories similar to mine during 4 unexplained m/c.

That's great news Hun, really pleased for you! Since my original post on this thread I lost another baby, but I am very pleased to say I am now 15 weeks pregnant! So there's another success story for anyone reading this post after 5 losses it seems we now have our rainbow xxxx

I am so sorry. It's never easy. Miscarriage is one of the hardest things that I have even been through. Not physically. But emotionally and mentally. I'm so happy you're 15 weeks! Congratulations!

So please for you ladies!!!

I've "only" had two miscarriages at 8 (baby's heart stopped between 5-6 weeks) and 12 weeks (baby's heart stopped at 9), and deathly afraid of becoming pregnant again.

But of course I really want to be a mom so I have no choice but to keep trying.

I think I'll take your approach ames and wait until I'm 10 weeks or so to see a midwife next time around!

I am sorry for your losses. 1 m/c is as hard as 4 or 5, so I know what you are going through. I had another u/s on Dec 6th, and it was another great one, but I am freaking out again now. I have not gained any weight at all, and my stomach is soft. Of course, I have no idea what to expect since I've never made it this far (19 weeks on Thursday). I just can't believe that I haven't gained a single pound on the scales yet! My MD said I could come back for an u/s anytime, given my history, and he is not worried about my weight. I am 5'8", 157 lbs (normal weight for my height). My next appointment is Jan 3, and I'm trying to hold off until then, especially because of the holidays. I wish I could relax and enjoy it. The good ultrasounds make me feel better for about 5 whole mintues after I walk out of the office.

This has been a long, hard journey and I commend all of us for keeping on keeping on.

I am 22 weeks and started spotting light brown this weekend. Of course, it was Friday night and I was 3.5 hours from home visiting family. I called my MD and he said to come in Monday, but if it turned bright red to go to the ER. No bright red, so at my MD appointment this morning, I was diagnosed with Placenta Previa. At this point, he says he is not worried, we will just watch it. I'm SO nervous and trying not to be. What a stressful time this can be!

How scary Ames! But sounds like everything is ok :hugs:. FX it doesn't affect your pregnancy or birth.

Glad alls ok Hun, hang in there xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->