Success after 4 m/c with no known cause?

I am 22 weeks and started spotting light brown this weekend. Of course, it was Friday night and I was 3.5 hours from home visiting family. I called my MD and he said to come in Monday, but if it turned bright red to go to the ER. No bright red, so at my MD appointment this morning, I was diagnosed with Placenta Previa. At this point, he says he is not worried, we will just watch it. I'm SO nervous and trying not to be. What a stressful time this can be!

Hello Ames!!
Congratulations on becoming pregnant! I don't mean to budge in, but wanted to help you with your situation.

Something about me: I had a chemical in 2011 and still awaiting to get pregnant with #1. I'm one of those with "unexplained infertility." That's my story briefly. For the past 1.5 months I have been going to acupuncture treatments and i have been noticing some good results.

At the clinic I met another lady who had acupuncture treatment for 3 months and got pregnant and is continuing her treatments to avoid MC. The needles are thinner than our hair stands and do not hurt at all. My acupuncturist is very experienced and specializes in 'infertility,' and had even treated babies. I know for a fact that acupuncture performed by an exp. doc is VERY helpful. Why don't you give this a thought?

Hi RNVB! Thank you for the advice! I actually have thought about acupuncture, but I have never followed through with it. I am not sure why. I actually had a great appointment on Friday. I was 28W1D and the placenta previa has totally resolved after 6 weeks. My LO is kicking away as we speak. My MD has me doing kick counts twice a day. I am supposed to count 10 kicks in 2 hours, and if I don't, I am supposed to call him. I am happy that 10 kicks only takes me about 10-30 minutes to count. I am currently 28W5D and we are getting closer to meeting our baby boy. I pray for a healthy baby, healthy delivery, and peace every day. Thanks to all of you ladies for support!

I'm so happy to read this! I just read the thread from the start and so happy that your pregnancy is going well!! Best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy!

Just read your post and wanted to say congratulations. I had 4 mc before i had my 2 DD's(with no medical intervention). Everyday of pregnancy is a worry,well thats my opinion anyway,but it is so worth it when you deliver your beautiful baby. I could not stop crying when it was time to take my baby home,couldn't believe that i was actually getting to leave hospital with my baby in my arms. Congratulations again xx

Edit after reading whole thread: huge congratulations on your pregnancy! I really hope the rest of it is plain sailing for you!

Original post in case it helps someone else:

My good friend suffered ten miscarriages in the first tri before finally carrying her little girl to terms they couldn't explain why she kept miscarrying. With her successful pregnancy she was out on progesterone till 16 weeks and it worked.

I really hope you get your sticky bean; I can only imagine the heartbreak of repeated losses!

X

Hi there,

Just wanted to give you some hope too! I have had 6 miscarriages (all between 4 - 6 weeks) and am now 13 weeks with a healthy baby...:) (I'm 37).

After the NHS could find nothing I had the Chicago tests at Zita West (Dr George Ndukwe) which revealed immune issues. After intralipid therapy I conceived on the fourth month and started immune intervention meds. I am now coming off these as the baby is able to survive without my body attacking it.

I honestly thought I would never be able to have children, so if you can, look into these tests as it could reveal something treatable.

Good luck!

Rach x

P.S - The month I conceived I had acupuncture, not sure if it was connected or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->