Success stories from EBF co-sleep to crib transitions?

fashionlover

Reaction score
Well, I'm still trying to get my DD into her crib. I keep putting it off because I just don't have the heart to let the poor thing go through the changes. But her 1st birthday is coming up and the more mobile she becomes the more nervous I am about her falling out of the bed…among many other reasons to transition. I am still EBF with some solids and would love some success stories on how to handle this transition.:wacko:

Im in the same boat! My guy is a lil over a year...hes still ebf and cosleeps...but he gets up at least three times to eat a night and its killing me! I need to transition him to a crib...but im scared if i do he will stop nursing full on...im not sure if he wilo cause he LOVES nursing...but im still apprehensive! Will be stalking!

Stalking! My lo is 9 months, ebf, and cosleeps/night nurses. I love it but pretty sure he's gonna tumble off the bed with how mobile he's getting. I'm not sure how to transition him. Eek!

Not sure if this is an option for you, but we are still cosleeping at almost 15 months. We have a bedrail on my side and are getting a larger bed as it doesn't seem like she'll be ready to transition soon and we could all use more room.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but we are still cosleeping at almost 15 months. We have a bedrail on my side and are getting a larger bed as it doesn't seem like she'll be ready to transition soon and we could all use more room.

I have a bed rail on the bed and it works great! She has still fallen off the bed three times though which makes me feel like the worst mother in the world. Not to mention my husband is pretty adamant about getting her out of the bed and into her crib. If it were up to me, I would keep her in the bed with me forever. There is nothing in the world like it.

I'm in the middle of trying to put my 9 month old in his own room.
We went from drop side cot/co-sleeping with a baby who would wake once to latch on. To a baby who wakes every hour or so after 3am so I just bring him back into our bed :blush:
Im back to work next month so really wanted him in his own room but I think he panics when he's in his room.
I shall stalk thus thread !

It went GREAT for us.

We did it about a month ago (so DD was 13mo) - she has always slept in a crib we bought and kept the 4th side off and attached to our bed so she was right next to me.

But I was getting increasingly frustrated at her crawling over me/grabbing at me/scratching me in the night. Even her her sleep she'd do this and I had a hunch she'd sleep better if she wriggled into the crib bars and not me!

The cot is still in the exact same place so she's as close to me as ever but there are bars between us. And we all sleep sooo much better.

She's cutting some teeth at the moment so we've had her in the middle for a couple of hours two days this week but still I feel much more rested.

Also it means I don't have to worry if I'm not in the room and she wakes up.

We're not in any hurry to get her in her own room but at least now we feel like it won't be as big of a shock if we do ever start the process.

Didn't mention the BF part.

She was never a baby to latch in her sleep and she only feeds one or twice most nights for a couple of minutes.

So although I now have to get up, get her out and feed her then out her back, rather than just scoot over and put a boob in her mouth, it's not really any hassle and is worth the trade off I would say.

My DD just moved out of our bed into her own room of her own accord this week aged 3. She'd never spent a night further apart from me than the mattress next to my side of the bed. We're now on night 6 in her own room! It's not for everyone, but I'm glad we were able to let her wait until she was ready to move out. She was still having a bedtime and early morning feed before she moved. She's now still having a quick bedtime feed in her bed, but mostly skipping the morning feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->