Success Story which I hope will give you hope

Welshcob

Reaction score
Dear older ladies, I consider myself so fortunate, that I wanted to share this story with you. I remember when I was TTC that these stories really perked me up.
I am 44 and have just had my baby girl! no other children, just several other MCs. I was about to give up hope and I felt this terrible void inside. When POW! it happened.
Funnily enough I had been lucky enough to get an appointment at the fertility clinic, and was told they would plan to do some routine tests, but that possibly our only course would be IVF at my age. Well I must have been expecting when I attended as shortly after I got a positive test. Just fantastic! then came the worrying that I might lose it, which continued right up until about week 32. But I gave birth to the most beautiful and healthy little girl in December.
Before this happened to me, a friend had given me hope at her suprise pregnancy at 42. Again it was her first and she had thought she was entering the menopause, but it turned out she was expecting, she had a perfect and beautiful little boy!!!
I hope that these two stories inspire you and give you hope that even when you think it may not happen, it can!!!
Sending you all lots of love and hugs and prayers for successful pregnancies xxx:hug::thumbup:

What lovely stories!!!! Yes it is very encouraging :) Enjoy your beautiful baby girl. x

Such a nice story! Thank you for the encouragement and I pray I am as fortunate as you and your friend! Thank you :)

Thanks for the inspiring success story, gives us all hope x

What a great story and very encouraging x

How great to hear this.....cos at 41 (in a week) I was starting to feel too old for the TTC over 35 section even!!!

Thank you :flower:
So much for sharing your wonderful story. Im so happy for you. I love hearing success stories of women our age ttc.

Congratulations on your little one :baby:

Thanks so much for sharing! Love success stories... I find them really uplifting. Congratulations on your little girl... she is adorable!

We need more stories like yours!!!! Tell your friends about our thread and lets flood this thread with positivity!!!!

you have given me hope,thankyou.enjoy your lovely baby girl.:hugs:

What a great story, thank you for sharing it with us!

Yes thankyou, lovely stories, lets hope we can write our own soon x

congratulations and thank you for giving me a positive boost - really needed it :happydance:

:flower:

What an uplifting and inspirational story. Thank you so much for sharing this - its just the tonic we all need. Enjoy your beautiful baby girl.
Baby dust to all of us! xxx

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I am so glad that the stories gave you the boost. I really found that these things helped me when I was at the end of my tether. I would love to hear of any other success stories. Will be keeping everything crossed for you all. xxxxx

that's such a lovely story and I'm sure it inspires us all. thank you for sharing. xx

What a fabulous end to what I'm sure was a heartbreaking journey for you. Very encouraging and congratulations to you. Thanks so much for sharing. :flower:

Hearing other people having children at my age is definately a big boost..makes me feel like im not out yet and it may still happen.

Thank u for sharing and congrats on ur gorgeous bundle xxxxx

Dear ladies, seeing as you're encouraging them here's my story.
I'm 37 at the moment, I was 32 when I got married, my now ex husband and I tried for 4 years to have a baby but nothing happened. Tests showed that he had a low sperm count and was told to be retested. For one reason or another he put this off and I honestly started to resent him for this and it drove a wedge between us, not that we couldnt have children together but because he didnt seem to care. Anyway a year later unsurprisingly we split up. I had a complete breakdown not because of the marriage but because I completely believed at 35 I had missed my opportunity to have children. I thought by the time I meet someone else I want to have children with I will be to old. It hit me really hard. I started going to church to find the strength to carry on and it did, I met a new man and we were pretty serious straight away. I was on the pill until one day we realised what a complete bitch it turned me into. We started to use other methods until he said, I'm happy to see what happens. I was absolutely convinced I was too old to get pregnant. 2nd cycle after I came off the pill, I had a strange feeling the day my period was due and did a test. I got a BFP straight away. I'm now 32 weeks with a baby girl and even at my age am absolutely terrified!

I'm not suggesting to anyone to get rid of their partners and find a new one! I'm just saying that I truly believe that things do happen when they are meant to, if my ex and I had had children I would have been married to someone who I didn't love as if it hadnt have been this issue there would have been others or I would have split my family up.

Being my age hasn't brought any specific problems, I was always going to be under a consultant due to blood clots in the past. I don't think I've suffered any more than a woman 10 years younger either with anything else. My little monkey has managed to fracture my rib from the growth but that's due to a previous operation and the fact I'm really small framed but all in all I've had a really good pregnancy.

I do hope that the Gods are smiling on you and sprinkling baby dust on you soon. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->