Successful sweeps - when did you go into labor?

DissySunshine

Reaction score
Pretty sure my OB did one on me yesterday when she offered to "stretch things out a bit". Been feeling really crampy and have a lot of pressure since.

Just want to hear stories on how quickly it could work! I know most of the time they don't really, but it's fun to hope.

I had one today so will let you know! I'm crampy too and having lots of BH

They say if body is ready, you will go into labour within 48hrs. Sucess rate is higher from 41 weeks.

I had my 2nd girl within 48hrs, she arrived 9 days late.

With dd I had one three days past my due date. Immediately I became effaced. I was crampy. The show appeared that night. By 3 pm the next day my contractions were 5 minutes apart and close enough for me to call the midwife.

I had two, one on the weds before and another on the sat. The one on sat was quite painful and she said I was 1-2cm and my waters could have been broken. They did break at 10am the next day xx

I was 40+3 and she said I was 2-3cm and my waters were bulging, so I may have gone anyway as it sounds like I was ready. I had mine at about 3pm, went home, had a bath, went for a long walk, had sex and was in labour by 11pm. So just a few hours for me.

I had one at 1cm dilated midnight on Saturday and still pregnant! So just think baby isn't ready yet :(

Thanks for the replies :) I guess I should've mentioned I'm 4.5cm dilated and 100% effaced, so it sounds like it might be in my favor!

Sounds like it :) you'll have a little baby soon. Also getting to 4.5 cm is great without the super painful contractions. Could be a nice quick birth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->