Sucessful pregnancy after MMC?

Mummy2Angel.

Mason & Max's Mummy
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had a healthy pregnancy after having a missed miscarriage?

I had never heard of this type of miscarriage until it happened to me at the end of march. Already thinking of trying again after first period, but just curious and perhaps paranoid that it will happen again so wondering if anyone here has had a next healthy pregnancy?

thanks in advance rebecca x

Hi Rebecca,

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know first hand how difficult it can be and that it is hard to believe that it will ever happen again for you.

Yes, I did go on to have a very sucessful pregnancy after my MMC.

Wishing you all the best and happiness to come :dust:

Just wondering if anyone has had a healthy pregnancy after having a missed miscarriage?

I had never heard of this type of miscarriage until it happened to me at the end of march. Already thinking of trying again after first period, but just curious and perhaps paranoid that it will happen again so wondering if anyone here has had a next healthy pregnancy?

thanks in advance rebecca x

Hi Rebecca, I am so sorry for your recent loss. I too suffered a mmc in January and have just started ttc again. Waiting to test this weekend and feel anxious and nervous all at once.

I am sure many ladies on bnb will come back and say they have had a successul 2nd pregnancy and I have fears just like you so I will say that I work in a maternity unit and every day I see I women have healthy babies after suffering from a mmc. We are just very unlucky and most of us will go on to be ok. Please try and get yourself better and give yourself enough time to grieve. Its so hard and I am still struggling with my loss.

All the best and come over to the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) thread. its for ladies like you and me and give you a plan that will increase your chance of pregnancy.

Maybe see you there
x

i had a mmc last may and now have a beautiful 4 week old son. i know its hard to believe but your chances for a healthy pregnancy are very high. x

Hi, I had MMC begining of Feb, just had second AF since so am TTC this month - scared but a little bit excited too ! I have heard quite a few successful stories:

The nurse who looked after me, suffered MMC at same age and same gestation as me ( I am forty, was eleven weeks, but baby had died at 8 +1 weeks), got pregnant soon after and now two years on has a healthy toddler.

Four friends all suffered MMC on their first pregnancy, all now proud mums to at least one child

My optician - pregnant quickly after MMC, now proud mum of two.

It is scary prospect that it may happen again, but the successful stories outnumber the sad. Good luck xx

Hi ladies...I had a MMC in September 2009 and after the misoprostol which didn't work and then a D&C, we decided we were done...I reserved myself to the fact that I didn't want to go through that kind of pain ever again...But I've changed my mind and am back now...This is our second month TTC and I cannot believe how stressful it already is. I'm having conflicted feelings already- scared to not be pregnant, scared to be pregnant and possibly lose it again. Is anyone else going through this?

I am excited for us all to try this and would love for us all to be TTC buddies :)
Jenna

Hi

I think missed miscarriages are more common than people would think, in the days before the 12 week scan I am sure that it would be assumed that the pregnancy had ended there and then had a miscarriage occured; but now you get many finding out they've had a missed miscarriage at their 12 week scan. I remember when I was little my mum had a friend and I remember her talking on several occasions about how she'd had the scan and they said the baby had died; I think she must have had at least three missed miscarriages; but she then went on to have about five children. As the sonographer who dealt with me said; this type of miscarriage is more likely to be something wrong with the baby (and a one-off) than something wrong with your body or it being unable to handle pregnancy because your body saw it as a normal pregnancy and sustained things for all those extra weeks.

Sophie

Sophie, that made so much sense what you said then. Even though I know that, well I was told that. Just seeing you write it again somehow makes it sink in? weird huh.

Jenna, So sorry for what you have been through and I hope you are staying strong. I know how you feel as I had a mmc at 12 weeks after seeing my gorg little bean at 8 weeks and heart beating away. It has devastated me more than I thought was possible and like you. I am ttc again. its my first month as it only happened in January and havent felt ready until now. I am due my AF this weekend and I almost hope I am not pregnant as I dont know I can handle the worry and stress. me and my dh would love to complete our marriage and turn our partnership into a family. It makes me sad to think I may never be a mum. i work on a maternity unit and I am struggling to cope everyday. I wish you lots of luck and anytime you need to chat or anything. I am here. I have started a journal to express my thoughts and feelings and I have also met some fantastic people along this roller coaster of a ride so far.

Hi MummytoAnAngel

I suffered a mmc at the end of November we found out at the 1st scan our little one hadn't developed. I remember feeling scared and anxious that this might mean we would never be able to have a baby.

Unfortunately so far we haven't managed to get pregnant again which is very stressful and a little upsetting as I had assumed we would fall pregnant really quickly. However I see many positive stories of women who have gone on to have successful pregnancies after a mmc which gives me hope for the future.

I wish you (and everyone else) all the best in trying to conceive again. We WILL get there and we WILL get our babies.

:dust: to you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->